Fitbits??

Options
appy_chick
appy_chick Posts: 27 Member
Hoping to get a Fitbit for my birthday which is coming up this weekend. I was wondering what everyone is using and why and which one you would recommend for a Fitbit newbie.

Thanks for your advice!!

Replies

• Dieseldemond
    Dieseldemond Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am using charge hr I like it don't know if it's the best but it's what I have and like
  • juliefilidei
    juliefilidei Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR. I'd really like the Surge but can't afford it
  • appy_chick
    appy_chick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    how about the flex???
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I had a flex. Well two I lost the first one. I retired it recently. I got tired of wearing it, it wouldn't hold its charge and it wouldn't charge. Anyway it was good though when newer and it's good if you are wanting to see how active you are.
  • EddieP50
    EddieP50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It depends on what data you are wanting to track. I have both the Fitbit one and the Charge HR. I like the Charge HR for it's Auto sleep function. The One also tracks sleep but you have to manually turn on sleep mode. I attached a comparison chart below from Amazon. There are to other models out now also, the Blaze and the Alta. Looks like the Blaze has similar functions to the Surge but it doesn't have built in GPS but uses connected GPS with your phone.

The Alta track steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, auto sleep and notifications if your phone is close. It doesn't track flights of stairs climbed though.

a3um3zks7z9w.jpg
  • tcarp8
    tcarp8 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I like mine but the battery needs to be charged every 2 - 3 days
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I love my One. Very easy to figure out and set up, and I strap it onto my bra each day. It holds a good charge too; I charge mine every 10 days or so. Good luck!
  • linddd
    linddd Posts: 6,591 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR. It doesn't seem to count my steps accurately. (Anyone else have that problem?)
  • TheStacieJames
    TheStacieJames Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the zip and the flex. Both worked well. Just upgraded again to the new Fitbit Alta and love it!
  • time2move
    time2move Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to get the Alta. I had an Ultra, then a Flex. I sold the Flex because I didn't like that it didn't show the time.
  • Iheartjazzyreese85
    Iheartjazzyreese85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I order my Fitbit yesterday ! I'm so excited
  • sammijoy89
    sammijoy89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I purchased a FitBit Flex last year because I wasn't sure that I'd actually stick with all of this... I was right to do so because I wore it for about a month, then put it down and stopped wearing it for a few months. Something clicked in December however and now I'm tracking and wearing a FitBit daily. Last week I retired my Flex and upgraded to the Blaze as a reward to myself for losing 20lbs. I love that it shows the time/HR/display of my goals for the day. I can see my steps/HR/miles/cals/floors all on one screen on there.

The flex is excellent for a newbie, but after awhile I became frustrated with having to check my phone app multiple times a day to see my exact step count. I like to have the actual number displayed. Given the cost difference between the newly released Alta and the Flex, it seems like the Alta really is the best option if you're also interested in having the time display (the ultimate deal-breaker for me. I NEED to see the time!).
  • wberrey
    wberrey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge but don't wear it, too annoying, I keep it in my pocket so I should have got the One, duh!
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I have a flex and so far it's doing very well for what I wanted it for. To roughly calculate my TDEE from a day-to-day basis and so far it seems fairly accurate
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I had the flex - I loved it, but wanted something I could wear every day - and putting on a dress with that on my arm looked funny - so I switched to the one which i love because I can hide it (clip it to my bra) and still measure my steps for the day. Plus having it on my body instead of my arm I find it doesn't count extra steps for things like driving. :smiley: Whatever you get you will love it though, they are great little gadgets to help motivate you to move more!
  • dsams774
    dsams774 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit blaze
  • LdyJedi
    LdyJedi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use the Zip during the day and the Flex at night. I prefer the Zip for counting steps, since I talk with my hands a lot and that causes "steps" to be recorded that aren't true ;)

Also, due to certain restrictions I have during the summer (period outdoor theater performer), anything that needs to be worn on my wrist is a no-go (but the Zip is great, hidden under garb and clipped to a hoop skirt!).
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've had a flex for 4 months now and I love it! It's perfect for me. Charge usually lasts a week or so, and it doesn't take long to charge. It's comfy to wear too.