Replies

• closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    I saw that one. She's fabulous!
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Saw this on the news yesterday. She's an inspiration and proof that you're never too old to try something new.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Ha! Finally, someone I can out-deadlift! :smiley: Probably still out-benches me, tho...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    This is what I liked about this story--during the interview when she was asked if she was intimidated to start going to the gym she pretty much said "umm, no." That really stuck out to me since so many people seem to be intimidated when they first start at a gym. Good for her and good for the trainers who have been working with her. It sounds like a good gym.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/culture/the-buzz/article/15085470/seventy-eight-year-old-shirley-webb-deadlift-225-pounds
  • dstromley90
    dstromley90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Not being a hater but Those look like bumper plates. 10Lbs is same size as a 45
  • mrp56839
    mrp56839 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    This is what I liked about this story--during the interview when she was asked if she was intimidated to start going to the gym she pretty much said "umm, no." That really stuck out to me since so many people seem to be intimidated when they first start at a gym. Good for her and good for the trainers who have been working with her. It sounds like a good gym.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/culture/the-buzz/article/15085470/seventy-eight-year-old-shirley-webb-deadlift-225-pounds

At 80yo, I doubt I'll give a rats tail what people think too...especially if I could out lift them. But until I get that elite status, the struggle is real. (I do work with a fab trainer at a tiny studio a few times a week, so I'm still getting it done!)