Feeling discouraged when I eat bad...

Options
KaleiAlanaSmith
KaleiAlanaSmith Posts: 133 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been doing really good about eating healthy to lose weight and not eat a lot of calories. Lately I've been feeling really discouraged when I eat bad! I am 200 calories over my daily limit today because we got Pizza Hut and that's what I ate today. I know it's not bad, but I want some advice on how to not be so hard on myself when I do have a bad meal. It makes me feel like my progress is all down the drain!! Any tips or advice?

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    If you were only 200 calories over your daily limit, depending on your settings, you are probably still under your TDEE for the day. Don't sweat in and move on. Beating yourself up accomplishes nothing.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. In the long run it's just a drop in the bucket.
  • ritzbits190
    ritzbits190 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Are you still in a deficit for the day? As long as I stay below maintenance I am not too hard on myself. All it means is today you did not lose as much but you still lost weight.
  • ralexhou82
    ralexhou82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was over 200 last night when i HAD to have some blue bell butter pecan ice cream. But I looked at my calories from the previous two days and I had been under enough to make up for it, so I made the decision to have it. Honestly, I would have had it anyway. We are human. Humans aren't perfect. Eat what you like, within moderation. Allow yourself to indulge now and then guilt free, knowing you can make up the deficit later. Or, preplan to indulge by saving some calories from previous days. Either way, striving for perfection is no good. Accept that this is not going to be a perfect journey.
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I ate 2100 calories today and didn't work out. I'm annoyed with myself, but it's done. Back at it again tomorrow.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. It happens to the best of us. Just eat super clean tomorrow or throw in a extra work out.
    I think we've all been there you will be alright.