How long to lose the last 5-7 pounds?

Options
I am currently 5'8 and weigh 131 pounds. Is it realistic to think I can lose 1.5 pounds per week for a goal of 6 pounds in a month at my current stats?

I know the last bit always seems to be the hardest to lose! :)

Replies

• sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    No - not realistic. At that little weight to lose you are looking at 1/2 pound to 1 pound max. I'd say more like 3 months for 6 pounds.
  • misschellechelle
    misschellechelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    No - not realistic. At that little weight to lose you are looking at 1/2 pound to 1 pound max. I'd say more like 3 months for 6 pounds.

Wow, 3 months seems like a long time for 6 pounds! Hopefully I can make it happen a little quicker than that...
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    No. You're already at a low weight for your height. I agree with the 3 month estimate.
  • NA1979
    NA1979 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, got half stone to lose, but it seems to be taking a while.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,237 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Three months. At this point is might be wise to focus less on weight and more on body composition incorporating some strength training.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and plan to lose 1.5-2 pounds/month once I get below 150. It's just realistic.
  • misschellechelle
    Options
    Alright, well it's onward for me! I guess I should adjust my weight loss expectations and keep up the hard work.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've got 6lbs (3kgs) left to lose and I'm losing around .3ish kgs a week, what that is in pounds I have no idea??
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I don't know your body comp but you're pretty low on the weight side which means, im afraid, you will need to work your little butt off to get them off any faster than minimum 3 months, I would say at that weight even 6 months is a good goal, it's not a race to the end as you won't know what to do when you get there its best to slooow down the end lbs and let your body get there gradually and you will have a better chance of maintaining there :) good luck! (Took me 7 months to lose the final 8 lbs)
  • jmo7748
    jmo7748 Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Calories in-calories out. You can determine how fast u lose them. 3500 calorie deficit equals one pound so increase exercise decrease intake and u can do it within a month
  • FourLaur
    FourLaur Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Just 5 pounds, but a stubborn five that make my clothes tight and me uncomfortable. It's really demotivating when the scale doesn't move after a week of working at it.
  • misschellechelle
    Options
    jmo7748 wrote: »
    Calories in-calories out. You can determine how fast u lose them. 3500 calorie deficit equals one pound so increase exercise decrease intake and u can do it within a month

According to calories in/calories out, I should be able to lose a pound a week by cutting 3500 calories a week at 1300-1400 calories per day. I am going to be strict and stick to my calories to see if I can make a weekly dent in things ;)
  • misschellechelle
    Options
    FourLaur wrote: »
    I'm with you. Just 5 pounds, but a stubborn five that make my clothes tight and me uncomfortable. It's really demotivating when the scale doesn't move after a week of working at it.

I understand completely and know exactly how you feel! I'll tell you what - after I lose this final bit of weight, I'll be sure not to let it creep back up again!
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I see no need harm at you being strict on your diet and going hard in the gym to try and hit your goal :) Even if you fail, you'll be closer to your goal. After the first couple weeks, maybe look at your progress on the scale & see if its working & from there decide if you want to reevaluate ?
  • batoolnabulsi
    batoolnabulsi Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Losing fat when you're already lean is hard, I'm 5'4, weigh 123, I wanna lose 6 pounds, but it's haard as hell!! I'm feeling frustrated :( it's too slow!