Going Out

Options
So it's my dad's birthday and we are going out to eat at a local restaurant. Hamburgers, fried fish, pies, soups, etc. are served there. No salad is served and I don't like fish. I've been doing really good about eating small portions and with going out to eat I'm scared I'll eat everything in my plate and ruin all my after Easter hard work.

Replies

• coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Cut the burger in half or skip the bun. Order the veggie of the day & nibble on your neighbors fries. Then either skip the pie or pass it around for all to try
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Just eat the burger without the bun and if they have a low calorie soup that would be good
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Eat it all, enjoy it, log it.

It's your birthday. One meal will have no appreciable effect on long term goals.
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    A broth based soup is usually pretty decent, calorie-wise.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Do they have a kids menu? Usually same foods, just smaller portions
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    See if you can find their nutritional data online and pick something reasonable before hand.
  • jax_006
    jax_006 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Eat it all, enjoy it, log it.

It's your birthday. One meal will have no appreciable effect on long term goals.

^^ Completely agree. One meal won't make you fat, just like one healthy meal won't make you skinny. I know it can be hard to go out when you are trying to lose weight and eat healthy, but this is life. You got to enjoy stuff like this. It's his birthday, one day out of 365. Enjoy yourself with your family and workout and eat healthy the day after. It's called balance (though easier said then done). ;)