Beer "Nuts"

Options
One of my favorite snacks, so I thought I'd share.

Spray a cookie sheet (with sides) with PAM, rinse a can of garbanzo beans and pour an even layer of beans on to pan. Spray beans with PAM and then top with anything you'd like for seasoning. I use garlic powder, cayenne pepper, sea salt and cumin. Shake pan to distribute seasoning. Put in oven at 425 and cook for about 8 minutes, shaking pan periodically. Sometimes while they're cooking I'll sprinkle them with lemon juice. They come out so yummy and crispy but still a little chewy inside. Great for just snacking or on a salad.

Replies

• kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    *bump* Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!! :smile:
  • errbellyq51
    Options
    Sounds good! I have to try this...
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite snacks, so I thought I'd share.

Spray a cookie sheet (with sides) with PAM, rinse a can of garbanzo beans and pour an even layer of beans on to pan. Spray beans with PAM and then top with anything you'd like for seasoning. I use garlic powder, cayenne pepper, sea salt and cumin. Shake pan to distribute seasoning. Put in oven at 425 and cook for about 8 minutes, shaking pan periodically. Sometimes while they're cooking I'll sprinkle them with lemon juice. They come out so yummy and crispy but still a little chewy inside. Great for just snacking or on a salad.

Do you have the calorie/nutrition count for these? Sounds good :)
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that sounds great. I may make a batch this weekend. Thanks for sharing.