CUT IT OUT. Challenge of fasting.

2»

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    JuliaCTurk wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I might be interested, as I cut out added sugar periodically (it's helpful for me to do once in a while) and have been thinking about doing it again. However, I am against cutting out what I consider processed food, as I see nothing wrong with cheese and cottage cheese/yogurt (very much not lactose intolerant) or smoked salmon or tofu/tempeh or olive oil or, of course, my beloved coffee. Those are processed foods, in the ordinary definition, but they are not fast foods, as the OP seems to indicate is the issue.

Is there a definition that is being used for this challenge so I can see if I would be up for it?

Absolutely, processed foods as in fast food and junk food. A more proper definition would be refined food. read this to help! http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/real-food-defined-a-k-a-the-rules/
    Wow. The grocery bill would be too much for my family. Grass fed organic meat is very expensive, for starters. Organic fruits and vegetables are more too. And we eat pasta at least three times a week, are you sure pasta is out?
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 138 Member
    80mMfYP.gif
  • JuliaCTurk
    JuliaCTurk Posts: 13 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I might be interested, as I cut out added sugar periodically (it's helpful for me to do once in a while) and have been thinking about doing it again. However, I am against cutting out what I consider processed food, as I see nothing wrong with cheese and cottage cheese/yogurt (very much not lactose intolerant) or smoked salmon or tofu/tempeh or olive oil or, of course, my beloved coffee. Those are processed foods, in the ordinary definition, but they are not fast foods, as the OP seems to indicate is the issue.

Is there a definition that is being used for this challenge so I can see if I would be up for it?

Absolutely, processed foods as in fast food and junk food. A more proper definition would be refined food. read this to help! http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/real-food-defined-a-k-a-the-rules/
    Wow. The grocery bill would be too much for my family. Grass fed organic meat is very expensive, for starters. Organic fruits and vegetables are more too. And we eat pasta at least three times a week, are you sure pasta is out?

I personally believe a loose hold in that link would be perfect. Lean meats, normal veggies and fruits, and wheat pastas is what I will be focusing on! Does this help?
  • Troubledfairy
    Troubledfairy Posts: 2 Member
    Me Me Me! im in!!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2016

Ah, thanks. I always get confused by how differently people use the term "processed" than I understand it. I do most of that already, except I don't fret if I get pasta at an Italian place or a sandwich from a restaurant I like (this would include Pret a Manger, I'm not sure if that's supposed to be fast food? lots of the stuff meets my goals and has the kinds of ingredients I'd use at home) that uses white flour. I do use whole grain at home. I'll think about whether I'm up for worrying about that -- it probably would not be too difficult.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I personally believe a loose hold in that link would be perfect. Lean meats, normal veggies and fruits, and wheat pastas is what I will be focusing on! Does this help?
    Yes, that helps. Thank you
  • JuliaCTurk

Ah, thanks. I always get confused by how differently people use the term "processed" than I understand it. I do most of that already, except I don't fret if I get pasta at an Italian place or a sandwich from a restaurant I like (this would include Pret a Manger, I'm not sure if that's supposed to be fast food? lots of the stuff meets my goals and has the kinds of ingredients I'd use at home) that uses white flour. I do use whole grain at home. I'll think about whether I'm up for worrying about that -- it probably would not be too difficult.

That reminds me! Fun fact, restaurants are starting to carry wheat items for often! Be sure to ask although most still do not.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Hello Posters,

I cleaned this thread and want to remind everyone that this rule applies to the challenges section:

Participation in any discussion in this category requires that you have a genuine interest in that particular challenge, or that you have a genuine question regarding the nature of the challenge before determining your interest in that challenge. Posts questioning the value or necessity of a challenge are not appropriate. Derogatory comments, or other posts of a trolling nature will result in a warning.

If you do not intend on joining the challenge please refrain from posting. If you have any questions about the special guidelines for the challenge section please contact a moderator and we would be happy to answer them for you.

Thank you,
    USMCMP
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
  • JuliaCTurk
    80mMfYP.gif

Hilarious!
  • amydeca123
    amydeca123 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm in! I've been gorging on candy lately and I can't stop!
  • healthycanadian95
    healthycanadian95 Posts: 55 Member
    I'm in! I need this!