Hitting a Brick wall

Options
Hi all looking for any ideas please. I have been back weigh training for about two months after 10 year off!!!! shameful I know I haven't followed any programme .This is because I jam unable to afford a personal trainer to show me free weight lifts and really nervous as I have a neck problem which causes my neck to be a bit unstable, ie hyper mobility so im a bit afraid of doing overhead weights. Does anyone know of any programmes that dont involve free weights and focus primarily on machines .Any advice be great

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Why must it be machines? You can modify freeweight programs. For example, with shoulder presses, you can stop your elbows at shoulder level, like in the picture on the right. You probably currently do similar motions around the house frequently. :+1:

x1yc7nh.jpg
  • KathrynCummings1
    KathrynCummings1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thats the thing I dont know how to do the moves with free weights and I cant afford a trainer if I had someone to show me these moves it be great ,
  • Ioana_Dumi
    Ioana_Dumi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There's always youtube :) Plus there are a lot of people at the gym that would be willing to show you how it's done, you just have to ask.