Vegetarian Meal Plan

Options
Any vegetarians here with a good meal plan? I've been doing it for about 2 months and I'm trying to get some new ideas.

Replies

• SJBanks89
    SJBanks89 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Tinned chick peas
    Tinned black eyed beans
    Tomato passata (500g)
    One medium onion
    Table spoon cumin
    Tea spoon ginger spice
    Pinch of salt and pepper
    Tea spoon of chilli flakes (add more for your taste)

I use this as a base. It serves approx 4. I put this on top of a jacket potato, or chilli, have it with pasta or rice. Tonight I am having it in enchiladas. I hope I helped a little :)

• meredith6645
    meredith6645 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I myself eat a lot of lettuce wraps hot or cold just Google lettuce wrap recipes and you'll find tons there
  • LC107
    LC107 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey Op, I am writing this on my phone so forgive any mistakes but here is a day's worth of food I eat probably once a week, if not more.

Breakfast: Whole grain plus flax tortilla wrap.
    One tablespoon of homemade guacamole (or a few slices of avocado). 1/2 cup seasoned chickpeas (1 can of chickpeas, simmered in low sodium vegetable broth, a few dashed of cayenne pepper, and two-three tablespoons of nutritional yeast). Top with fresh spinach or a mix of greens. And a coffee a splash of vanilla unsweetened almond milk.
    Snack/Breakfast option: Half a cup of blueberries, half a cup of in sweetened almond milk, 1 tbs of pb2, 1.5 tbs of pumpkin protein powder (55 calories and 10 grams of protein) and three ice cubes (add half of a banana if you fancy, I often don't have any on hand due to gnats seeming to always pop up) and throw all in the blender for a pb&j-like smoothie.
    Lunch: homemade sweet potato fries (preheat oven to 400, cut one medium sized sweet potato into fries, put into a container and add 1/2 tbs of olive oil, Greek seasoning, cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt. Shake in your bowl. Line a baking sheet with some foil and place your fries on the sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, turn fries over and bake another 15-20 minutes until done.) Creamy peanut lentil soup (one 8 oz package of red lentils, rinse lentils and place lentils in one and a half cup of low sodium vegetable broth and cook on medium heat until tender then turn on low to simmer. I add a bit of red onion and fresh garlic too. Add your seasonings, I add cayenne pepper and Greek seasoning, add one half of a fresh lemon and 2-3 tbs of pb2. Once everything is creamy looking and the consistency is somewhat soft, I blend the contents in my blender to make a creamy thick and hearty soup. While in the blender, I add 1.5 tbs of the pumpkin protein powder. I pair this with the sweet potato fries and a side of cucumber and tomato slices.
    Afternoon snack: ants on a log- pb2 and celery with a tsp of rasins or dried cranberries. Or a serving of dry almonds. Or air popcorn seasoned with nutritional yeast and some salt. Or an almond milk yogurt such as daiya.
    Dinner: anything and everything I cook for my husband just sans the meat part of things. Since we live in Texas we eat a lot of Hispanic dishes (particularly Central American dishes) such as boiled plaintain, brown rice, black beans, lots of salsa and salads too. I made veggie enchiladas the other night( chop up red cabbage, red onion, a few Roma tomatoes, one jalapeño, two carrots, one squash/zucchini. Add some of the chickpeas made from earlier, half of a small can of green chiles, 1/4 cup or less of green chile sauce, a few squirts of your desired hot sauce and either fresh or cooked frozen spinach. Add 1.5 tablespoons of the pumpkin protein powder and stir mixture. Pour a small layer of green chile sauce in an oven safe glass dish and preheat oven to 375. Using your choice of tortillas, ( I use corn) wrap each tortilla with a damp paper towel or napkin and place in microwave in 30 second increments until the desired softness. Fill and roll tortillas with mixture, drizzle a bit more of green chile sauce and top with the remaining green chile can. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Serve with a side of cabbage/lettuce topped with some pico de gallo.)
    Evening snack: a frozen fruit bar, or daiya yogurt, or a mix of berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, snobberies ;) ) topped with some cool whip and cinnamon, or just something sweet.

While this is a vegan menu, you can always add some
    Cheese to your enchiladas, or Greek yogurt vs the almond milk yogurt. And if you are vegetarian who eats eggs (don't remember the actual name for that) you can incorporate them throughout.

YouTube is your best friend for looking up creative dishes. A lot of these dishes you can make in bulk to save you time, chickpeas, lentil soup, enchiladas. I really enjoy cooking though so that's a plus :) I hope you find some good stuff.
  • QuentIrvin86
    QuentIrvin86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know it has been a while since I posted this but thanks for the advice and information!
  • killingthejiggle89
    killingthejiggle89 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Millionaire hoy on you tube is vegetarian. He has some videos on it.
  • cmelose2016
    cmelose2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I actually started a vegan meal plan if you'd like, I could recommend a few places. Also I had no idea millionaire hoy was vegetarian, he's amazing.