NSV- Runners high and feeling good

Options
Brady_
Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
Okay soo I've never felt proud enough to really post a No scale Vic, and this MAY just be that I am on a intense runners high right now, but I actually exceeded to of my goals in one run today. I ran a full 30 minutes and a full 3 miles.

Yes yes, i know this does not seem like a whole lot, but i have only ran one other time in montths.

The reason im excited for this is because I've been looking into doing a half marathon at the end of the summer or in about 14 weeks, and looking at a ton of training schedules you must be able to run a full 30 minutes and most schedules start at 3 miles. I for sure got bummed right away thinking well ****, i deffinitly can not do that therefore i wont be able to run a halfsie cause ill run out of time to train by the time i make it to a full 3 miles without stopping, I guess i proved mysel wrong tonight =)

another NSV--is i haven't been able to get off my *kitten* since i got home from europe. I just started my full time job/internship a couple days after i got back from traveling europe for 4 weeks so its been pretty tough to NOT sit on my *kitten* or in bed when im not working. I have about 20-25 pounds to lose, I am at 150 right now and barely any of my clothes fit, and i've been very, very down latlely because I feel like such caaa-rap. its been affecting my job too because i think about it during the day and just fall into a ****ty mood.

SO this is the marker of day THREE for me and i hope and hope and HOPE for hours that i can stay strong and never have to say day three again. losing this weight is something i want, and let alone NEED for myself and my confidence and my LIFE.

After getting out of a over 3 n a half year relationship from very, very diheartending circumstances I've been feeling pretty ****ty.

BUT today, or tonight, or right now on my high i feel like i can do anything, and i truly truly think its my time to SHINE this summer. I have an amazing opportunity with my internship this summer, its my first summer being single since 2005, I graduate in a year and a half, itd be crazy of me not to take this summer to shape up mentally, PHYSICALLY and emotionally and show MYSELF I can suceed in many ways.

So if anyone is even reading this and feeling idheartend today, please stop. please and thank you =) Keep working hard and DONT give up. if you ask any of my friends on MFP that i've been friends with for over a year, I literalllly have had over 50 day ones, over 50 i start tomorrows, over 50 Monday I am starting fresh. i have NEVER given up and thats the only thing I can honestly give myself credit for over the years, i have been through a lot and to this day i have not given up. I may have for a couple hours but the next day i wake up and start anew.

Anyway, hope you all had as great of a night as i did, and if not, theres always tomorrow =)

PS feel free to add me :)

Replies

• 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I ran 5 miles today for the first time EVER.

I know how you feel. I'm pretty jazzed about my day.
  • Sistasarita
    Sistasarita Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    go 'head girl wit yo bad self! high fives, fist bumps and shaken the rump! i know how that 3 miles in 30 mins feels. feel like sayin "who's your daddy? dont even matter...cuz i'm the momma b*tches!" ok well maybe that's just me. either way, girlfriend i'm proud of you. keep on rockin' it! :happy:
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that!!! I just posted that I am super pms'ing... feeling crappy and wanting to eat and oh so weepy - especially over a man - you can call him Ben (Benefits) of Fil (Filler -until the real one comes along) but I swore I was never going to cry over a man again!!!! And here I am... sitting at my desk feeling sorry for myself!!!!

BUT I'M GOING TO GO HOME AND RUN RUN RUN! Thanks for the little push to get me motivated!

L.
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    go 'head girl wit yo bad self! high fives, fist bumps and shaken the rump! i know how that 3 miles in 30 mins feels. feel like sayin "who's your daddy? dont even matter...cuz i'm the momma b*tches!" ok well maybe that's just me. either way, girlfriend i'm proud of you. keep on rockin' it! :happy:

I love the whos your daddy part!!! Very good!!!
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Great post!! I LOVE the high I get from running, and the longer you do it, the better it feels! Congrats on making the decision to make this summer all about you :)

If you're looking for great half marathon training programs (way to go on deciding to do one, you'll love it!!!), www.runnersworld.com has a free program called Smart Coach that will tailor it to your goals, training level/experience, and time frame. You should check it out!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!