eating back your exercise calories

Options
hi i just want to know what does this mean, i walk but im going to start at the gym on monday so would like some advice please , thanks xx

Replies

• tabbilynn0402
    tabbilynn0402 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It means, if you start out with your daily limit of 1200 calories, and then you burn 200 calories working out, you get to eat 1400 calories total that day to still net 1200.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    this is a constant conversation on here. exercise calories are added to your food calories because your body needs those calories to keep functioning. In my opinion, eat them back, at least make sure you're at 1200 every day.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My trainer and nutritionist says "eating back your calories is an excuse to eat." If you eat well/clean then you are fueling your body enough. Eating the calories back is undoing most of the work you just did at the gym.
  • antoniaswift
    Options
    orr i get it now so the more you work out the more you can have , thanks x im very new to this lol:tongue:
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    My trainer and nutritionist says "eating back your calories is an excuse to eat." If you eat well/clean then you are fueling your body enough. Eating the calories back is undoing most of the work you just did at the gym.

This is true, as long as you aren't netting under 1200. like i said, you don't have to eat them back but you can, MFP is already set your calorie goal to help you loose weight without working out so it's up to you