Running pants?

Options
rabblescum
rabblescum Posts: 78 Member
edited April 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I swear my butt was a honey bagger in its last life the way it manages to escape my pants while jogging. I am new to jogging, just now at week three of C25K and can't find pants that work. Legging style pants roll down, sweatpants seem to wiggle off. I have resorted to jogging in a satiny pair of pj pants that look like skirt as they stay up. It would be nice to have more than one pair. Any reasonably priced suggestions for a big girl to jog in?

Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Pants are pants. Some have a brand name on, some dont. They are still pants....
  • rabblescum
    Options
    Thank you for that stunning pearl of wisdom. However it doesn't really answer the question as to finding a type for running that don't end up around my knees.
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You need some with a drawstring in around the waist, any leggings without drawstrings gradually fall down when I run.
  • eldamiano
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »

Have you just tried wearing bikini bottoms then?
  • rabblescum
    Options

I don't think my neighbors would appreciate that.
  • angfirst
    angfirst Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Compression pants?
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    giha111 wrote: »

We don't mind. B)
  • julyrunner
    julyrunner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If cost is a concern - TJ Maxx or Marshalls often have decent activewear selections, and you can frequently pick up a pair of tights for 9.99 - 14.99. And you can try on different styles, try jogging in place in the dressing room to see if they seem to stay put :). Old Navy active stuff has also gotten much better in the past few years, might be worth checking that out too. Good luck!
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I really like the line of workout clothes that Danskin has available at Walmart (I hate shopping there, but sometimes I make an exception.) Different types of pants – I like the bootcut yoga pants a lot for running, though the best is the leggings made with dri-fit or dri-weave fabric. Wicks away moisture, which becomes really important. Try to find tech fabrics whenever possible. Champion brand at Target if you can fit into XXL is great, too. Hopefully you have a GOOD pair of sneakers (do NOT skimp on those!!!) and don't wear cotton socks if you can help it. Wool or man-made fabrics, again for wicking properties so you avoid blisters. I love Balega brand socks – a bit on the pricey side, but very comfy and totally worth it.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck with Addidas, New Balance. Also, CompressionZ, which is well priced at Amazon.
  • eldamiano
    Options

Brilliant! Got to love annoying the neighbours from time to time....
  • rabblescum
    Options
    Thanks for the input, hopefully I find something soon.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that stunning pearl of wisdom. However it doesn't really answer the question as to finding a type for running that don't end up around my knees.

ROFL I love this response. You and I seem to speak the same sarcastic language....sending you a FR

As to pants, try Old Navy - they have pretty decent workout gear. When I was big I had a pair of capris that I loved. Make sure you get something with a drawstring and preferably skin tight/ leggings so they don't move around too much/ chafe.
  • misskris78
    misskris78 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Try changing sizes and go with something higher waist. Usually for me, wiggling out of them is a sign I need to go up size. ON is good, and I noticed Target had some really cute stuff this season.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Are we talking pants like in America or pants like in the UK? I learned the difference the hard way while proclaiming "dontcha hate pants" at my first party in the UK. Awkward...

Anyways, if we're talking pants and not underwear, I echo the wisdom of something with a higher waist and a draw string. Nothing sits on my hips. Drawstrings are my friend.

If we're talking underwear, I don't know. I wish I did.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

Bahahahaha! :D
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Old Navy. Their active wear is cute, amazing, and they've got a wide range of styles. I totally get the need to feel comfy (and hey, look cute!) while working out. If you feel good and have stuff that fits properly, you'll be more motivated to get out there.

My personal favorite running brand apparel for women is Oiselle, but they only go up to size 12 and can be on the spendier side (so not sure if this makes it a good option or not). However, I feel it's worth mentioning because their stuff is so quality and I find myself opting for my Oiselle pieces when going out on a run. It's also a woman-owned company (the clothing line was started by a female runner, who was frustrated by the lack of proper women's running apparel).

Either way - good luck!! :)
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Another vote for the Danskin boot-cut yoga pants from Walmart. They are tight enough that they stay in place and don't chafe, they look great, and they feel great - I just got back from a run in a pair I've had for nearly 2 years. They're the first pair of pants I ever bought specifically for running - and they still work. Walmart has some other things too that work well.

Congrats on starting and sticking to C25K!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I hear you, girl. I had to find something high-waisted and tight to keep my butt from falling out of them. I just checked and the ones I'm wearing now are a brand called Z by Zella. Got them from Nordstrom Rack. I'm sure you'll find something, just shop around.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Are we talking pants like in America or pants like in the UK? I learned the difference the hard way while proclaiming "dontcha hate pants" at my first party in the UK. Awkward...

Anyways, if we're talking pants and not underwear, I echo the wisdom of something with a higher waist and a draw string. Nothing sits on my hips. Drawstrings are my friend.

If we're talking underwear, I don't know. I wish I did.

I'm English, living in the US. It was my first day in my brand new job and I was being introduced to my American colleagues when one of them said, "Oh your pants are so cute, I love them!" I nearly had heart failure thinking my undercrackers were on show.

But yes, drawstrings and high waists are the way to go.