cottage cheese mix ins

Options
13»

Replies

• Hovercat
    Hovercat Posts: 43 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Found the herb mix :)https://www.litehousefoods.com/products/instantly-fresh-salad-herb-blend
    I've gone through many bottles of these, the name just wasn't coming to me! There's also a 'poultry' blend and an 'Italian' blend.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I looooove cottage cheese! Besides fruit I also mix some with a can of V8 juice, sriracha, and lots of pepper to make a soup. Recently I also added a serving to my portion of lentil pasta sauce and spaghetti squash, along with some spinach, and it tasted like lasagne, mmm.
  • geminimcm
    geminimcm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese every day for part of my lunch. No, I don't get sick of it, lol. I used to mix in blueberries or pineapple or a banana. Sooooo good. I always eat a cup of cottage cheese, the 2% fat kind. It's the best. I used to think mixing fruit it was gross but I tried it and love it. It's really really good. You get a salty sweet mix.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    im seriously so excited for something i sidnt like as a kid and dont know of i will like now haha. thank u all for the ideas!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I tried with protein powder today and I'm just not a fan. I think I'll stick to plain and/or fruit...
  • kaiwenyao
    kaiwenyao Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with fresh strawberries or....salsa is quite good mixed in, too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    kaiwenyao wrote: »

Oh now I want to try it with pico de galo. I love the stuff...
  • smcgillicky
    smcgillicky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    With jello powder is delicious! And on the savory side I like it with cucumbers and salt and pepper :)
  • simmoner4
    simmoner4 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I like to chop up two hard boiled eggs (I only use one of the yolks, though), add a little mustard and pepper and paprika or any spices really and mix it well. I've also added onions and some leftover chicken as well. Super yummy egg salad - it's great on a whole wheat tortilla or bread or just by itself!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I prefer savory.

My favorite is with just green olives on top.

I also love it with slices of fresh tomato and canned tuna. Also it is great on a salad instead of dressing.

I never thoughyt to try using herbs and seasonings. I am so going to try it with some rosemary. :smiley:
  • treegirl97
    treegirl97 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have cottage cheese every day and I definitely prefer it with the sweetness. I usually have it with fresh pineapple or a tbsp of jam.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    For savory, I like black pepper and sunflower seeds mixed in. I also like it as a topping for mashed potatoes, sometimes with BBQ chicken added.
    For sweet, lately I've been obsessing on cottage cheese with those little Halo mandarin oranges mixed in. It's like eating dessert! So good!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    kaiwenyao wrote: »

Oh now I want to try it with pico de galo. I love the stuff...

that does sound super good
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Applesauce!!!!!!!!!! Plain or with cinnamon...
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I like to put hard boiled egg and a little mustard (sort of like egg salad) or pretty much anything savory
  • willrun4pancakes
    willrun4pancakes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use it as a topping on a baked potato (either regular or sweet potato) instead of butter or sour cream. Got the idea from a restaurant near my office that only sells baked potatoes with many different toppings.