I'm having trouble eating breakfast

Options
kasabalisb
kasabalisb Posts: 6 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I just started my diet about one week ago and everything is going fine except for one problem. I'm always so nautious in the morning that I don't want to eat. Yesterday I woke up and made eggs and I immediately threw them up after eating. Before this I generally never ate breakfast I weigh about 318 male 5ft 6'. If anyone could give me some advice about what to eat in the morning to not make me feel sick or anything else would help!

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It isn't necessary to eat breakfast to lose weight. If its making you throw up, then I would certainly skip it. I seldom eat before lunch and I've noticed no I'll effects.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Can you wait and eat a little later? I'm really not a breakfast eater, either, but since I've been doing MFP, I find that I'm hungrier in the morning than I used to be, so I usually eat something when I get to work - that's about an hour and a half AFTER I wake up so it doesn't make me feel so icky.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    No need then.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Eat when you are hungry. Even if it's a late breakfast or even brunch. :)

I don't usually eat soon after waking either. I woke up at 4:30 this morning and just now eating my breakfast and it's 10:18.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    There really is no valid reason to eat first thing in the morning if you're not hungry. I love breakfast foods but no way am I eating/hungry for at least 2-3 hours after waking. Eat when you're hungry, no need to force feed.
  • kasabalisb
    kasabalisb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone that makes me feel a lot better about it because everyone says that breakfast is the most important meal of the day so I just figured I should be eating breakfast every day. Feel free to add Me
  • Yourkindagirl
    Yourkindagirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    What about a protein bar? Will that make you sick?
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have finally accepted that I'm just not a breakfast eater. It takes 3-4 hours after waking before I can eat or I also feel sick. I usually just have coffee with some sort of creamer or half & half until I'm ready to eat.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I think it's more important to find out why you're nauseous and throwing up.
    That's not normal.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,998 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast when you first get up, or ever. I would wait until you feel ready to eat and then eat eggs if you want to, but just eat whatever you want. Maybe try cereal or toast and fruit. I like to eat boiled eggs in the morning because I'm trying to make sure I reach my protien goals, but I sometimes have oatmeal and usually fruit. My sister has a long commute and she drinks protien shakes on her way to work. I prefer not to drink my calories, but that works well for her. You do not need to eat breakfast to jump start your metabolism or anything like that. If you want to wait until lunchtime to eat then just wait. I like to sleep in on the weekends and I usually just have coffee for breakfast then.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    ...then don't eat breakfast. Problem solved.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,614 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is the most important meal of the day to the Cereal companies.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I typically don't eat breakfast because I don't feel like eating as soon as I wake up. Sometimes I grab a protein bar or other small snack to eat mid morning in case I do end up getting hungry later, but most days I just save my breakfast calories for later in the day.
    I exercise in the evening, so this works fine for me. I wouldn't see any reason to force yourself to eat something in the morning unless you are physically feeling like you need to. (Dizzy/light headed/etc.) Wait until you are hungry, no reason to make yourself sick!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I never eat breakfast and I'm not really a fan of most traditional breakfast food in general. I like certain breakfast foods, but I'd rather eat them for dinner. I wake up at 5 am but never eat my first meal until 10ish. Meal timing won't affect your weight loss.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    That saying, "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day", most likely originates from a time when most of our days were spent toiling in the fields, tending to livestock or other labours away from anywhere we had access to meals. The majority of us do not live that way any longer so - we can eat when we like so long as it meets our calorific and nutritional needs.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning before 6 am usually, and eat when I get to work, often not until 10AM. I still call it breakfast. You don't have to eat first thing in the morning, eat when you are ready.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Just skip breakfast and call that your fasting window, boom problem solved.

Oh I see somebody else already solved it, very well then, carry on.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Not hungry, don't eat. More calories for lunch, dinner and/or snack. There is no reason at all to force yourself to eat, especially if it does make you physically ill.
    The whole 'breakfast is the most important meal of the day' doesn't mean you have to eat it at 8am. :wink: I'll eat waffles whenever! Breakfast accomplished.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    kasabalisb wrote: »
    I just started my diet about one week ago and everything is going fine except for one problem. I'm always so nautious in the morning that I don't want to eat. Yesterday I woke up and made eggs and I immediately threw them up after eating. Before this I generally never ate breakfast I weigh about 318 male 5ft 6'. If anyone could give me some advice about what to eat in the morning to not make me feel sick or anything else would help!

is it possible you have some sort of intolerance to eggs? Or can you normally eat them at another time in the day?

Either way-breakfast is not needed if you don't want it.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    kasabalisb wrote: »
    Thank you everyone that makes me feel a lot better about it because everyone says that breakfast is the most important meal of the day so I just figured I should be eating breakfast every day. Feel free to add Me

Nope, that's a myth. If you're not hungry in the morning just don't eat and that will give you more calorie wiggle room later in the day, for when you are hungry :) I typically don't eat until 11am-noon (and one time this week it was after 1pm).