Just signed up:

Options
Hello fitness world. My wife and I just signed up and actually just started to get into shape. I'm at 304lbs right now and my goal is 210 like when I was in the military. I will probably be posting my progress here and on my facebook page so I don't have any excuse to not lose weight.

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hello

Good luck to you both. x
  • sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    Good luck to both you and your wife!!! This place is a great way to keep track and make friends who will keep you accountable!!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is great and there is lots of good info and accountability to be found here. Track often and track always and it will really motivate you. My wife and I also started better fitness and nutrition routine together this spring, we just found MFP a few weeks ago and it has helped us kick it into high gear. If you've got a smartphone the app is wonderful for logging throughout the day and the website is great! Add me as a friend if you would like!
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me.
  • twistedjeepster
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all of the well wishes. I hope to stay on track since I want to lose a lot of weight I really need to. The biggest problem that we have both had was the fact that we used to be smokers but that all came to a crashing halt this past December. I ended up getting really sick for 3 weeks and couldn't have a cigarette and decided it was time to just go ahead and quit. Of course after that we both gained a little more weight her more than me but that is mainly because she is a stay at home mom and I get to go work 6 days a week. With both of us joining the same gym we will have the support just like when we quit smoking. Again thanks for all the well wishes I really appreciate it.
  • ddelapas
    ddelapas Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and your wife. My husband and I are both using MFP. It's a great tool. You have to be willing to measure everything though. I love it and have had great success.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to both you and your wife! It's wonderful to have a supportive significant other!!