work?

Options
I know you don't count work as exercise however, I just started a job in Housekeeping today. Is it possible to add that at least for a few days until its something im doing regularly? I know research said you can burn up to 180 calories and hour @150lbs. In this line of work.

Replies

• chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log it as exercise as it is not. That's considered part of your activity level.
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    If you are going to be more active, change your activity level .
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Why not give it two weeks? If you're losing faster than you think you should, then change your activity level or add some exercise calories
  • 2015fitnessmode
    2015fitnessmode Posts: 21 Member
    Options
  • wheelsjad
    wheelsjad Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I know you don't count work as exercise however, I just started a job in Housekeeping today. Is it possible to add that at least for a few days until its something im doing regularly? I know research said you can burn up to 180 calories and hour @150lbs. In this line of work.

I think the key with any of this research is the "up to" part that I put in bold...If you are really huffing and puffing and power walking/cleaning as hard as you can go...then you might get there...if you think you are there, a good way to verify is by wearing a HRM during the activity and see what kind of results it gives you. In my experience, everyone (myself included) tends to overestimate the calories burned in all activities. Another question I ask myself when I see threads like this is what is your goal of these "exercise calories"? Do you want to eat more and you are trying to justify it? If nothing else ignore these calories and you should have a slightly higher deficit that will give you more progress towards your goal. Sometimes I think people are grasping at straws to tell themselves it is ok to have that extra food/snack.

Good luck
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    If you are going to be more active, change your activity level .

That.