Hi my name is Ben, and I'm a food-a-holic...

Options
Well not really. I just never really cared that much about what I put in my body. If I liked it, then I ate it and didn't care. I've always been semi-conscious of healthy vs. not-healthy food though and have always been pretty athletic. I just decided now in my life that I want to start eating healthier.

The reason is that I am starting to notice the effects of it and I don't want them anymore. Weight gain, lack of energy, etc. One of the biggest things though is the lack of energy. I've always been a pretty high energy person naturally and now is a time in my life where I want to do more and bigger things and being out of shape and sluggish is counter-productive to what I want to do. So I think I have snapped out of my funk and am ready to alter my eating and overall health habits permanently.

Replies

• ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    You walked the first step! And that's good :)
    Good luck

Greetings from Mexico
  • tiffanynew2015
    tiffanynew2015 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Admitting is the first step :) good luck mister!
  • Steegzz
    Steegzz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    good luck brother! You got this!
  • shannon_daly3
    shannon_daly3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You can do this ! Just keep an honest diary (log everything) and you will see the pounds will drop ! :)
  • aacyn
    aacyn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Shannon_daly3 is right, be true to yourself when logging your intake-you will be surprised at how your macros/nutrients/calories are negatively influenced by simple things you have always eaten!
  • sunkist76
    sunkist76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree keeping the log is so important! I am a girl who likes to eat as well but I will think twice since I have to hold myself accountable! Good Luck!!
  • rockgoddess2016
    rockgoddess2016 Posts: 8,663 Member
    Options
    Lack of energy and zest is also my biggest regret. Time to get it together. You can do it !
  • TennesseeJen
    TennesseeJen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Hjaye7512
    Hjaye7512 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good luck..
  • wwlyds
    wwlyds Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Right there with you!
  • Kazzykinsj67
    Kazzykinsj67 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Good luck from England xxx
  • MrActiveForLife
    MrActiveForLife Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Your thread discussion title fits me perfectly. All the best, Ben!
  • bobbyvelez12
    bobbyvelez12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too was on the same thing eating whatever whenever. The log for your food helps. It has actually persuaded me away from some foods. Good luck
  • SayNoToBadFood
    SayNoToBadFood Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the inspiration guys! I am on my second week and have been doing pretty well. The last 24 hours have been rough though. I went way out of my calorie range. I'll be all good though.