Cats who have gone from Maine Coon shape to Siamese Shape.

Options
2»

Replies

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    A waist trainer for the cat is the next best thing to change its shape. Wear for 23 hours a day.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Old age worked for our cat. He shrunk from a big healthy fluffy 20 pounder of beautiful cat to a wizened creeping scrawny lay in the sun and idly bat at passing mice guy before he died at age 22.

So probably just wait.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Your cat should stop looking at air brushed pictures of celebrity cats and start doing what is healthy for them. Real cats come in all shapes and sizes. Your cat should try lifting weights instead of dieting.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Alright, fine. This one I laughed at. Happy?
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    The only thing would be non oily tuna and a low activity dry catfood CICO. Also, play with the cat, get some cute cat toys and get his heart rate up two x perday. Get some scissors, trim that coon hair down and bleach it blonde, except around the mouth, ears, tail and paws. Viola! Siamesie.
  • The313
    The313 Posts: 3,145 Member
    Options
    ^ Trim and dye. Basically makeup contouring for cats. No need to diet!
  • catmaster
    catmaster Posts: 34 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Your cat should stop looking at air brushed pictures of celebrity cats and start doing what is healthy for them. Real cats come in all shapes and sizes. Your cat should try lifting weights instead of dieting.

cat%20-%20i%20love%20this%20thread%20so%20much-2.jpg?m=1307639941
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    4fc41640e4db26d2a3de38b21d2dea420805a9a12ae03a4f7591fd8facbce398.jpg
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    i like it.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    My son has a couple part Maine Coon cats, they are bad a$$es.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I recommend a kitty treadmil.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,221 Member
    Options
    Definitely try CI<CO first, with aggressive progressive weight training. . . but make sure s/he gets enough protein: muscle catabolism could make the poor critter disappear entirely!.

Wait two years after the weight loss, continuing with a recomp strategy in maintenance, then decide whether cosmetic surgery is the answer. (It will be. It always is.)
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    beetpoet wrote: »
    If you want to kill your cat, go ahead and try to change him into a Siamese. Lol. He's looking adorable as is. You might check out Royal Canin cat food. It's high grade and nutritious without added sugars and carbs. Some of the cheap cat foods that you get in grocery stores are not really that great for your pet.

Heads up....It's not a real question...
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Squats!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Yoga and catnip.
    Oh, and Zumba.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Squats!

My cats will squat, but only in the litter box. To be honest, with what comes out, I'm pretty sure I don't want to encourage them to do this more than they have to!
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Hi! My cat is shaped like a Maine Coon, pretty heavy and big. He would like to be shaped more like a Siamese, small and dainty.
    Any foods he can eat to do that, exercises he could do?
    I know you can't shape change, but is there something you can do to change his shape? Pills maybe? A cleanse?

Cat body types are a myth. Your cat can't spot reduce. Just put your cat on a cut cycle and then later a bulk cycle. Try to increase your cats access to lean and healthy meat like rodents or chicken or fish. Avoid cat junk food like spiders, this will make him fat. Have him start a progressive resistance program. New Rules of Lifting for Cats and StrongMeows 5x5 are popular ones.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Squats!

My cats will squat, but only in the litter box. To be honest, with what comes out, I'm pretty sure I don't want to encourage them to do this more than they have to!

I started laughing out loud, couldn't help it. Please don't make your cat do squats, it seems unhealthy for them.