Kettlebell

Options
So my husband finally agreed to start exercising, he is thinking maybe kettlebells. I have no strength training in my regime right now. What do people think of kettlebells?

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    they are ok, ive incorporated some kb exercises on and off over the years.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Good.

They're a pretty versatile tool and can be used towards quite a few goals. They also take up limited space in terms of storage and can be done in a relatively small space. They can also be tossed in a car and taken somewhere.
  • filovirus76
    filovirus76 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It gets boring really quick. Incorporate pushups or bench press. Great core workouts.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I actually love Kettlebell. I don't find it boring. There is a Kettlebell only gym here and then other gyms that offer Kettlebell bootcamps so maybe it's more popular here then some other places. As of now I incorporate them into my regular workout here and there and I find them to be effective.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Simple and Sinister is a good staring point. A simple program with two exercises; KB swings and Turkish get ups.
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I love kettlebells, I've just literally got back from a kb class! I started KB's last October, I don't find them boring at all. I do them 3 times a week I between running, I go to a class once a week, and the other two times I follow a YouTube video at home.