Hunger

Options
How in the world do I stave off hunger in the evenings? I do so well during the day but after 5 pm I am ravenous! I eat healthy snacks and keep up with the protein I need each day. What gives and can anyone offer advice? I drink 64 ounces of water a day thinking that will help with the hunger.

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you could take advantage of the less severe hunger during the day when most likely you are more busy and bank those calories for more night time eating.?.
  • latinasmith146
    latinasmith146 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is something I had not thought of! I'll definitely try it! Thank you!!!!!
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    quite welcome :) ...don't buy into the meal timing matters crap. >:)
  • latinasmith146
    Options
    ;) gotcha!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Are you not eating after 5PM for some reason?
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I started eating my dinner a bit later and then have a snack before bed. That's helped the urge to eat all the things.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Quit smoking weed and you won't get the munchies.
    The struggle is real.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    If you know you'll be hungry at night, work your calories around to eat more at that time. It's what I do.
  • drcrusher
    drcrusher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing, and I tend to have the willpower to eat less during the day because I know I get hungry at night! I feel like it goes against advice I've had in the past but I make it fit my calories... I guess I'll know if it's working once I've been at this for a while!
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This is the worst time for me too. I agree with saving your calories for later. That works for me. Another thing that works for me is to have a nice satisfying-plate of dinner. Brush-floss-waterpik-pop in the Invisalign (Chore. And I hate chores) and call it a night.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    The real culprit for my lack of evening willpower is that I'm exhausted, and my body wants to carb load to stay active. It's my body screaming to me, "Go get some sleep!!"
  • mpljnbbwm
    mpljnbbwm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've found that tea really helps in the evenings. No calories and you can get different varieties to help with different cravings.
  • latinasmith146
    Options
    I do eat after 5 pm. I try to eat nutrient dense foods to keep me full. I'm also drying more than 64 ounces of water a day. I'm also on Advocare products. I take MNS 3, Thermoplus, Catalyst, Crave Ease Plus (helps fight sweet cravings), Cravecheck (helps with cravings), Fibo-Trim, and I drink Spark twice a day! I use the Muscle Gain before my workouts to ensure I do not work out on an empty stomach plus it has 25 grams of protein to help limit the hunger. I drink an Advocare Meal Replacement Shake for breakfast if I do not have time to make a breakfast or drink one for lunch. I limit the MRS's to only once a day. I'm going to try to do what you guys are saying and save most of my calories for dinner and a great snack before bed. I'll let y'all know if it's working. Thank you all so much!

• Bettina82
    Bettina82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite things at night is 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt with a little fruit or granola. I make sure to budget the calories into my day :) I also eat my dinner between 6-7 so I'm not starving at 9! If I eat at 5 I am raiding the pantry before bed!