Coffee

Options
neziecen
neziecen Posts: 21 Member
edited April 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Greetings :)
This could come a crops as a silly question haha but, "the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked"
Are there any benefits to coffee?
Does coffee impact on weight in any way ?

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    What's the question?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    And I didn't see one asked........
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    It tastes good. It gives you energy. Black coffee won't affect weight loss. Adding a bunch of sweetener to it could.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Caffeine is an effective stimulant. It will only affect weight loss indirectly by acting as an appetite suppressant.
  • neziecen
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone.
  • neziecen
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    What's the question?
    Does it have an impact on weight?
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Coffee doesn't necessarily affect your weight.

If you tend to add lots of cream and sugar, you may find that you're consuming a significant number of calories with your coffee. As long as you log them and stay within your calories, that's fine.

Coffee itself has 5ish calories. At most, I add a little half & half and some creamer to mine, so a cup is ~40 calories at most. Drinking a cup of coffee in place of a snack can be helpful for me when I'm trying to save calories for dinner/a treat.

~Lyssa
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I log black coffee as 2 calories per 8oz brewed. I find it as a huge appetite suppressant for myself. Luckily I have always enjoyed coffee and tea straight up.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Black coffee won't add to your calorie load. I drink 8oz espresso with 4-8oz whole steamed milk, so it is 150ish cals a pop for me, I tend to only have 1 a day.

It doesn't do anything for my weight loss, positive or negative, but is does stop me from being a cranky witch.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    neziecen wrote: »
    Afura wrote: »
    What's the question?
    Does it have an impact on weight?

Coffee by itself, not really, very few calories. It's when you start adding in things like cream, sugar, syrup, oils (coconut) then you start running into high calories. Hence why a lot of people who are watching calories go from their Starbucks macchiato to a coffee with milk for less calories but still coffee.
    Helping you lose weight, not any more than drinking water or tea.