HI. I'm LoveStrays - 27 cats and counting.

2»

Replies

• starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    If I was feeding that many cats the answer to weight loss would be easy, there is no way I could afford food for them and me! Good luck on the site :)
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    I feel like I need to comment on this thread due to my user name.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I think cat is a pretty lean meat. You could work towards your goals, reduce your weight, reduce the number of cats in a way that isn't wasteful, and use the fur to keep the homeless in your area warm in the winter.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    BurtHuttz wrote: »
    ah i love kitties! :D only have 2 myself though and most of the time they poop outside...unless they've been shut in a room by accident and i've gone to work . I think you're doing a fantastic job saving so many cats. Love the individual personalities they have :D Good luck on losing your weight and reaching your goal my lovely :) I'll throw an invite your way :)

WOAH! You are really cute.

But it's basically animal abuse to lock your cats in a room while you're at work. That makes you a little less attractive to me.

Pretty sure they said shut in a room by accident. Obviously you have never had cats, they are sneaky and will get in all kinds of places when you least expect it. My indoor cat snuck into the garage while I had the door open once without my realizing and spent the next couple hours having an adventure in there by herself. A couple hours later I heard howling and realized what must have happened. A single room is not that tight of space for a cat, I'm sure they are fine when it happens.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    BurtHuttz wrote: »
    ah i love kitties! :D only have 2 myself though and most of the time they poop outside...unless they've been shut in a room by accident and i've gone to work . I think you're doing a fantastic job saving so many cats. Love the individual personalities they have :D Good luck on losing your weight and reaching your goal my lovely :) I'll throw an invite your way :)

WOAH! You are really cute.

But it's basically animal abuse to lock your cats in a room while you're at work. That makes you a little less attractive to me.

Pretty sure they said shut in a room by accident. Obviously you have never had cats, they are sneaky and will get in all kinds of places when you least expect it. My indoor cat snuck into the garage while I had the door open once without my realizing and spent the next couple hours having an adventure in there by herself. A couple hours later I heard howling and realized what must have happened. A single room is not that tight of space for a cat, I'm sure they are fine when it happens.

You know that post is from 3 years ago, right? :wink:
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    catmaster wrote: »
    MEOWMEEEEEOOOOWWWW

Why are you bumping old cat threads from 3 years ago? Please stop.
  • serasmommy
    serasmommy Posts: 61 Member
    How is lovestrays doing now?
  • heatherdoll40
    heatherdoll40 Posts: 42 Member
    edited April 2016
    ? Still on here?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    catmaster wrote: »
    MEOWMEEEEEOOOOWWWW

@catmaster Are you a moderator?
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    I love cats. I have 3 and that's pretty damn good for me considering I'm a veterinary technician and always have people coming into our clinic because they found a stray that needs a home. I decided a while ago that 3 was my max, though, no matter how cute the other cats are. My cats have been with each other for a while and I know a fourth would disrupt their harmony. They all actually get along really well. :) Plus the thought of having more than 3 litter boxes makes me cringe. I have to clean them twice daily otherwise one of my females will go outside the box.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    We have 9 cats and 5 dogs. We live on over an acre and the cats are mostly outdoors, we have cat doors.

Something to consider besides your health, would be to build a relationship with a no-kill shelter as an emergency contact, have recent photos and records of each pet up to date and in a place someone can easily find with instructions should something happen to you. A trusted neighbor or friend is good.

In worst case scenario prep, have the shelter be a beneficiary for a portion of your estate, for the purpose of caring for/rehoming your pets. An estate attorney can set it up appropriately.
  • pislari_poljnamd
    pislari_poljnamd Posts: 45 Member

Totally agree!!!