Soylent - opinions?

Options
My boyfriend just ordered some Soylent meal replacement. I'm curious to hear if anyone here has tried it, and what they think about it. Thanks!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Eh, Soylent green is people? And doesn't he like food?
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is weird. He wants to be able to eat the same thing every meal, every day. I personally would go insane doing that.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Soylent = nutrition. Sad, joyless nutrition. I have a co-worker who bought a week's supply of Powder Chow and hated every minute of it. He was filled up, and he was appropriately fertilized with nutrients, but he missed food. He was miffed one day when I brought my burrito bowl up and covered it with hot sauce while he was drinking his sad lunch.
  • Paiger816
    Paiger816 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    soylent-green-1.jpg
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    uu5xxovlt0c3.jpeg
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have a co-worker who bought into it and used it for about a week. Decided he likes food. What a concept! There's a case of it sitting in the cupboard. Might be good for taking on an extended backpacking trip in case the real food runs out. I tried it btw. Only a zombie apocalypse could make me drink that for every meal.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it, but I know a few people who use it. They usually have soylent for two meals a day and then eat real food for the third meal. If it helps, they're workaholic programmers/engineers who would rather be working on their projects than figuring out what to eat.
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    acheben wrote: »
    I haven't used it, but I know a few people who use it. They usually have soylent for two meals a day and then eat real food for the third meal. If it helps, they're workaholic programmers/engineers who would rather be working on their projects than figuring out what to eat.

You just described my boyfriend. :smile:
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I really like the idea of liquid meals from time to time but ... Not everyday day in and day out
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Is this an April Fools joke? I thought Soylent is people.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    https://www.soylent.com/products/ is not the fictional product from the movie.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

Interesting. I wonder who chose to name it that. *goes back to read more
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

Interesting. I wonder who chose to name it that. *goes back to read more

A Georgia Tech Alum :)

Go Jackets
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    I admit, they could have picked a better name for the stuff...