Diet

Options
RyanDavis1
RyanDavis1 Posts: 32 Member
I am having a hard time eating enough food but I am eating 5 to 6 times a day. I can't seem to get enough calories any ideas?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Calorie dense foods: nuts, nut butters, avocado, olive oil, eggs, full fat dairy.

Eat "regular" foods, not diet ones. After you get to goal you need portion control for all foods.
  • phillyhockeyfan
    phillyhockeyfan Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Try adding some high calorie foods to your meals (extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, nuts, nut butters, ect).
  • RyanDavis1
    Options
    Thank you I'll give that a try.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I usually Intermittent Fast and only eat from Noon to around 7:00 PM and I don't have any problem getting my 1500 calories in. I stay away from the processed foods (empty calories leaving me hungry) and eat the full fat foods or natural foods that a farmer from 100 years ago would recognize. I say that, but I do drink a protein supplemented shake for lunch, however I add fat to it (either whole milk or almond milk w/coconut oil) to up the fat content.
  • IamEleni
    IamEleni Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @RyanDavis1 You could try eating more Mediterranean style foods, they are richer in a good way and if you eat the right amount for your body, you are gonna love it :smile: .
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you eat, and how much/what kind of exercise?

I have to trend towards more proteins and fats, but then I have a friend that doesn't feel full until she has carbs.
  • RyanDavis1
    Options
    I have to have around 3700 a day that's why it's so hard.
    I do 20 minutes of stairs every morning and 20 when I hit the gym.
  • RyanDavis1
    Options
    Also I'm eating 6 to 7 meals a day small ones
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, chocolate, and peanut butter. Preferably all combined into heaven in a bowl...
  • RyanDavis1
    Options
    Lol I wish chocolate is my cryptonite
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Calorie dense foods: nuts, nut butters, avocado, olive oil, eggs, full fat dairy.

Eat "regular" foods, not diet ones. After you get to goal you need portion control for all foods.

This
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and peanut butter then in a bowl of semi-heaven.
  • RyanDavis1
    Options
    Tonight I'm going to cheat and eat 10 pieces of spicy chicken from Popeyes lol oh ya baby
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Oh man the spicy fried. You lucky.... :lol:

Seriously though what @TeaBea said, calorie dense foods are your friend. When I commented to my dietician that I was having issues hitting my calories (because of the macros she set, ugh) she suggested full fat milk and peanut butter. Heck, put peanut butter in cereal and eat it with whole milk (or as full fat as you can stand).
    Fried chicken is a good bet. :wink:
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    RyanDavis1 wrote: »
    Tonight I'm going to cheat and eat 10 pieces of spicy chicken from Popeyes lol oh ya baby
    If you have 3700 calories, how about incorporating your favourite foods and snacks instead of 'cheat meals' and 'cheat days'. There are no bad foods, and always room for treats. :smiley:
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It's not 'cheating' if its within your calories. Enjoy!