Zumba Calories ??

countdowntotarget
countdowntotarget Posts: 108 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi - Just about to go to Zumba had a quick luck to see how many calories it uses up but as far as I can see it doesn't come up on the lists - ive tried every variation and the only thing I can see that is similar is dancing general ?? - anybody know how to log it ??? many thanks

Replies

• I couldn't find zumba either so I did a google such of how many calories does 1 hour of zumba burn and for my weight of 180 pounds I could burn between 600 to 1000 calories... So I just added it as 600 calories...

I hope this helps!!!
    Sherry
  • countdowntotarget
    countdowntotarget Posts: 108 Member
    Brilliant - never thought of that - where would we be without Google !!!!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    I used to log it under "Dancing, aerobic, modern, ballet, twist", but realized it was a little low. Now I just log it as "Aerobics, general" (I think) and it comes pretty close.

Edit to add: an HRM is the only way to know how much you burned. I don't have one, but it is on my list. :)
  • I go to Zumba three times a week and consistently wear a heart rate, calorie burner monitor...at full out for an hour, i easily and routinely burn 650 - 700 calories...on a less intensive day, and a differnet instructor, I will burn 450 to 500...
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    i log it under, aerobics high impact! :)
  • Just to be on the safe side, I would log 500 calories or less. I use a heart rate monitor and in 60 minutes I burn 500 calories and I'm at 75-85% of my maximum heart rate. I'm only 136 lbs so it will be more if you weigh more than that though.
  • Paccie
    Paccie Posts: 47
    I was wondering the same. I have logged it as dancing general also aerobics so I guess ill keep it as aerobics???
  • redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Every person burns different with Zumba. I wear a HRM and usually burn over 600. But it depends on how much you work it. The more you weight the more you burn. If you can afford a HRM I would get one so you don't have to guess. It's the best thing I've bought since losing weight & exercising.
  • I weigh 126 lbs and I move A LOT in Zumba, I burn between 340-380 in a class, the more you weigh the more you burn.
  • Take a look at http://www.zumbacalories.com enter your weight, workout duration & intensity and it will calculate how many calories you have burned based on average metabolic rates
This discussion has been closed.