Calories in Amy's soup

Options
zoe6724
zoe6724 Posts: 30 Member
Just posting to let anyone know who might be interested that if you eat a whole can of Amy's soup, it's 1.65 servings, not "about 2" as stated on most cans. I weighed different kinds :)

Replies

• julyrunner
    julyrunner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I usually just divide the number of ounces in the can by the number of ounces in a serving, then multiply that number by the number of calories in a serving. Are you saying that the can actually has a different number of ounces than the label says?
  • zoe6724
    Options
    I honestly didn't look, I weighed it in grams and divided that number by the number of grams in a serving. I'm very untrusting of labels lol
  • julyrunner
    julyrunner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I buy bread from a great local bakery, the slices are often like 150% of the weight of a "slice" according to the label. I generally assume canned stuff is fairly accurate, but maybe not...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Soups are my nemesis LOL. Seriously though, drive me insane. I weigh them too and it's all over the place. The Shop Rite brand? Supposedly 2 cups, I mean it's a 2 cup container, but once you weigh it, you end up with 3 servings worth instead of 2. Ugh.
  • InsipidDime
    InsipidDime Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Does this apply to their Chili?
  • zoe6724
    Options
    Does this apply to their Chili?
    If it's the same can size, which I'm pretty sure it is, then I would say yes but I actually haven't tried Amy's chili yet! Totally on my to try list :)
  • zoe6724
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Soups are my nemesis LOL. Seriously though, drive me insane. I weigh them too and it's all over the place. The Shop Rite brand? Supposedly 2 cups, I mean it's a 2 cup container, but once you weigh it, you end up with 3 servings worth instead of 2. Ugh.
    Yeah and I don't bring my scale with me so I had to have it at home one day to find out once I realized and it was bugging me lol. It's usually my quick lunch for work.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I eat the progresso light soups and they say about 2 one cup servings i usualy get about 1.65-1.7 servings after weighing the grams.
  • zoe6724
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    I eat the progresso light soups and they say about 2 one cup servings i usualy get about 1.65-1.7 servings after weighing the grams.

Good to know. Maybe it's typical across the board