200+ to lose, need friends

Options
LCSt68
LCSt68 Posts: 67 Member
Hey all, I'm looking for friends to help motivate me and keep my interest focused. I'm terrible for starting and not seeing this through. I hate feeling like I'm the only one on the planet with this goal. I also need to make myself accountable for what I put in my body. You know how that goes. If no one sees me eating this candy bar then did it really happen? My head says no, my big bottom says otherwise. SO... that needs to stop and I need a support group who feel this struggle and are serious about losing weight and getting healthy. If you're looking for the same thing add me and let's do this.

Replies

• evamb93
    evamb93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Added you! I am also looking for friends to keep me motivated feel free to add me as well!
  • dhussein30
    dhussein30 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me, we all share the same goal, we all need support in that long journey.
  • LCSt68
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I'm looking forward to it.
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Oh that could have been me writing that....my staying power is terrible so I think a support group is the only way to go! Good luck! :)
  • behnybaby
    behnybaby Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, all of you, it is made easier with the help and support of friends. You have taken the first step on a very long journey, we can do this together.
  • LCSt68
    Options
    Oh that could have been me writing that....my staying power is terrible so I think a support group is the only way to go! Good luck! :)

Ikr? I've been heavy all my life and stubborn about doing it on my own. Yes I'm one of 'those' people. I do it MYSELF. Well that's obviously not working for me. High time I surrendered and sought help from a community who knows what it takes to make this work.
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Haha...I'm very much a "don't tell me what to do" person too...but we can do it this time. I have faith!
  • BryonySigrun
    BryonySigrun Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! Add me if you wish! Strength in numbers!
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Please ladies add me!!!! Definitely believe we can do this!
  • niecynoo32
    niecynoo32 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me if you want. I started with 150 pounds to lose. :) The trick is to make slow/small changes. Don't do too much at once or you'll lose motivation. Even with those small changes you'll begin to see changes in your body. Good luck.
  • gbread2u0169
    gbread2u0169 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same journey. I'm down 10 pounds so far with 100-120 to go (depending on where I actually decide is a good fit for ME on the "healthy weight scale"). I've always been the 'bigger girl' and have yo-yo'd my entire life. I've been at my ideal weight once in my adult life but even that was maybe 12-15 years ago. So here I sit, 47 years old with two grown beautiful HEALHTY AND FIT daughters, and hating what I see in the mirror! I need all of the support, encouragement, ideas, suggestions, butt-kickings, I can get.... and I promise to give the same in return. Feel free to add me as MFP friend and we can travel this journey together.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I started at 330lb with at least 155lb to lose, 35 gone so far
  • LCSt68
    Options
    Good morning peeps! Very encouraging messages here! You all got me psyched! Adding everyone not already on my list. Let's do this! :D
  • nvinni
    nvinni Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had an experience in losing weight already. About two years ago I started my diet and lost 20 kg in six months. But, when I reached (as I think) the weight of my dreams, I relaxed.... The result is - I put on weight back. Just 10 kg, but I can not bring myself to walk this way alone again. Add me please - let's do it together!
  • sarahlou1121064
    sarahlou1121064 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me xx
  • stephwalk22
    stephwalk22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Need friends to keep me motivated as well - tried adding but not sure if I did it correctly :/
  • damasceno2
    damasceno2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    howtoloseweighthere.blogspot.com/2016/03/the-best-way-to-lose-weight.html

HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT!
  • smburton86
    smburton86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Sean. I'm 29 and currently at 358 pounds which is essentially my all time high. I previously lost 80 a few years back but have regained at least 100. Like all of you, my biggest weakness is motivation and accountability. I also work 3 jobs.
  • message4michelle
    message4michelle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Friends are awesome!! Let's all build ourselves a support system here!