Dreaded swing shift

Options
Lojo124
Lojo124 Posts: 75 Member
edited April 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Anyone else here live the crazy swing shift life ? Makes life wicked crazy! ! Who else works a crazy job ?

Replies

• beautifulmess9
    beautifulmess9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to work 7pm-7am. It was so hard. What hours are you working
  • Lojo124
    Options
    I workem all lol rotates every week from day shift to afternoons to midnights
  • Lojo124
    Options
    Been doing it for over 5 years lol
  • Lojo124
    Options
    I work third shift right now, it's crazy. Going back to college to pursue a different career that won't involve nights...

Do u have a work out plan while ur on 3rd shift ? Do u rotate from 3rd to 1st to 2nd shift?
  • mutt79
    mutt79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm on 15 years of various models of a swing shift.... I'm on the best possible one at the moment 8 on afternoons and 6 off... so I can't complain to much.... but it takes a toll on the body that's for sure.. to top it off my shift is scheduled for 10 hours but at the last minute can turn into a 16 18 20 hour day...

I feel your pain@lojo124
  • dlr96
    dlr96 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    11-7 overnights here sucks
  • Lojo124
    Options
    dlr96 wrote: »
    11-7 overnights here sucks

From the looks of ur photo ....are you in buehring @ dlr96 ?
  • Lojo124
    Options
    Mutt79 ur shifts sounds pretty crazy ...I'd love to work. 8 day rotation and get 6 off hahaha I change shift after every week so it's 7 days on day shift 2 days off 6 days on afternoons 3 days off then in for 7 days of Midnight shift ... it so hard to stay motivated to go to the gym ! After a 12 hr day if I'm working overtime I don't have the drive ...what do u do ?
  • clpensinger
    clpensinger Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I work a "slow southern swing" seven daylight shifts, one off, seven evenings, two off, seven midnights, four off. Been doing it off and on (mostly on) for 16 years. :-)
  • Lojo124
    Options
    That's damn near WHT I do .... do u have a work out / nutrition plan clpensinger ?
  • MomGotHerSexyBackOnKeto
    Options
    I did night shifts with mandated overtime on day/afternoon shift 2-3 times a week for about 3 years. I lost about 60lbs during that time and I would track my meals starting at the time i woke up until i went to bed. It really sucked sometimes to stretch my calories when i was up 18-20 hours sometimes lol. I would work out immediately after work, go home, shower, down a protein shake and go to bed, regardless of the time.
  • Lojo124
    Options
    U lost 60 pounds doing that ! Damn ! I gained weight working here at the job lol everyone here at the plant damn near has ... that's what I'm working doing logging from wake-up till lay down working out is a huge struggle thou .. just got some pre workout stuff so I'm testing it tonight to see how my tolerance is to it .also hoping it give me energy for the evening ... 3/4 scoop [pre jym]
  • risner75
    risner75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We do a 2-2-3 rapid rotation of 12 hours. I find that if i prepare my meals the night before I can control what I eat. If I pack the morning of.. o seem to be in a rush and make poor decisions.
  • dfp333
    dfp333 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Food service, take what u can get shifts here :)
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I work in a medical unit inside a correctional facility from 3p-12p. The schedule helps allow me go to school in the mornings so that one day maybe I won't have to work a crappy swing schedule inside a jail. In some ways I think it's helped my diet as well -- every morning I end up packing all the foods I eat throughout the day. Lots of leftovers and microwaveables!