Tips on maintaining weight?

Options
Hey everyone, so recently I've gone on a diet for a year, and lost 100 pounds. I'm currently 19, 6'3", and weigh 212 pounds. Right now I'm constantly in the gym working to lose a lot of fat, as I have a lot. I am somewhere between 18-20% body fat. When I do reach my goal (hopefully in a few months), what tips does everyone have that I maintain my weight, and don't gain it back in fat?

Replies

• chelbug901
    chelbug901 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can tell you, and I'm not an expert, I also have 100 pounds to lose. Just keep maintaining your workouts, and healthy eating.
  • xG3CKx
    xG3CKx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    find out your bmr (basil metabolic rate) for you probably in the realm of 1700-1900 and try to add on additional exercises estimates for calories you burn - for moderate to high intensity workouts..lifting/cardio for 45 mins to an hour a male of your size probably uses 2700-3200 calories in a 24 hour period. So you'll want to keep you consumption slightly below that threshold. I burn about 3100 calories a day give or take 200 so I eat around 2800 to maintain, 2200 to cut fat. find out if you gain or lose ingesting say 200 calories and adjust slowly til you see more or less a maintenance level over a week or 2.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on your success. That's quite an accomplishment!

I've maintained for 18 months now. My only advice is to avoid getting complacent. Continue to log, make sensible choices, remain active, and weigh yourself occasionally so you can take corrective measures if you start falling back into old habits.

And enjoy your new life. You've earned it!
  • TylerWhiite
    TylerWhiite Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!