I didn't lose any weight this week but....

Options
it was hard. We had an entire week of spring break activities at my work where pizza and cupcakes were available on the daily!! Did I eat even one bite?? NOPE.

Hopping on the scale this morning I was excited to see my loss. And then....I saw the same number that I saw the previous week.

Defeated a little ( even tho I understand the process it's still hard) I decided to try on my goal jeans : size 6 American eagle! (I've had them for about 3 years)

Did they zip? NOPE not even one stitch
Did they button? About 3 inches from that
Did they smash my big butt down into the thigh area? YEP
Did I have a major muffin top on both sides? Sure did!!

BUT: they were on!! Months ago, they wouldn't even pull up over my booty!!

There will be hard weeks and days. Weeks with no loss, and days with mistakes. Trust the process and stick to it. I believe that one day I will be wearing those jeans comfortably and hit my ultimate goal. I can't wait!! But....I have to :)

cboxv3tfops5.jpg

Replies

• Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats- they look great! I have not seen a lot of movement recently on the scale myself but I have dropped a pant size so it is nice to see the NSVs too! Also- congrats on self-control over break. Two great NSVs :)
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats- they look great! I have not seen a lot of movement recently on the scale myself but I have dropped a pant size so it is nice to see the NSVs too! Also- congrats on self-control over break. Two great NSVs :)

Thank you!! You can't see the front (unzipped part) lol but hey...every little step in the right direction counts. I wish the number didn't matter so much! Even though my goal is to get into AE size 6 jeans , and I don't have a number goal, it's still always in the back of my mind :( great job on the pants size loss!!!

• Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! You can't see the front (unzipped part) lol but hey...every little step in the right direction counts. I wish the number didn't matter so much! Even though my goal is to get into AE size 6 jeans , and I don't have a number goal, it's still always in the back of my mind :( great job on the pants size loss!!!

Thanks! I have been trying not to focus on my number too but it can be hard. But in some ways, the jeans feel more concrete to me than just the scale, so it is fun to see the hard work translate into something fun :) Good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Awesome! They look great on you in the photo. From the side, it's hard to believe they are zipped. And congrats on staying motivated.

A couple weeks ago my favorite store to buy work clothes from was having a 50% off sale. I decided to buy 2 pairs of pants in size 10 even though I am still solidly a 12. I figured at some point they will fit and be needed, and I can't count on a good sale happening when I need them. Got them in the mail, tried them on and they zipped! Super snug, couldn't sit down but they were on.
  • Glampinupdoll
    Options
    ThaNk you @puffbrat ! I love purchasing goal clothes! They are a real motivator!!
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    it was hard. We had an entire week of spring break activities at my work where pizza and cupcakes were available on the daily!! Did I eat even one bite?? NOPE.

Hopping on the scale this morning I was excited to see my loss. And then....I saw the same number that I saw the previous week.

Defeated a little ( even tho I understand the process it's still hard) I decided to try on my goal jeans : size 6 American eagle! (I've had them for about 3 years)

Did they zip? NOPE not even one stitch
    Did they button? About 3 inches from that
    Did they smash my big butt down into the thigh area? YEP
    Did I have a major muffin top on both sides? Sure did!!

BUT: they were on!! Months ago, they wouldn't even pull up over my booty!!

There will be hard weeks and days. Weeks with no loss, and days with mistakes. Trust the process and stick to it. I believe that one day I will be wearing those jeans comfortably and hit my ultimate goal. I can't wait!! But....I have to :)

cboxv3tfops5.jpg

I so need this reminder as the scale has stayed put the last three weeks in a row!! Great job!
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    PS
    I'll take your muffin top all day long!! You look great girl!
  • Cathscottage
    Cathscottage Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look so awesome. Be patient it will happen maybe sooner than you think. Great work
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    The goal IMO is to not gain and you didn't gain. That's great! As long as I don't see a gain from week to week then I'm happy if I'm stuck where I am at already. :) And you look great. What I wouldn't GIVE to fit in a size 6!!! I just now can get in to my size 8 Levi's and my tummy still hangs over the top. ughhh. We'll both get there!
  • Glampinupdoll
    Options
    agzram wrote: »
    PS
    I'll take your muffin top all day long!! You look great girl!

It's worse when I try to button them haha!! Glad I could be a good reminder for you! I'm sure at times I'll have to re-read this post to be a reminder to myself but it's all part of the journey :) no one said it would be easy- but it will be worth it!!
  • Glampinupdoll
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    The goal IMO is to not gain and you didn't gain. That's great! As long as I don't see a gain from week to week then I'm happy if I'm stuck where I am at already. :) And you look great. What I wouldn't GIVE to fit in a size 6!!! I just now can get in to my size 8 Levi's and my tummy still hangs over the top. ughhh. We'll both get there!

That's a great way to think of it!!! I remember getting into my 8's it was a good day! Keep pushing we CAN do this!!

• Glampinupdoll
    Options
    Thank you @Cathscottage !! I appreciate the kind words!!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Super important to find things like this to celebrate. Let me tell you--as a relatively smaller woman with not much to lose, the scale really might not move every week. I get ONE week per month where I can get an accurate weigh in. Otherwise it's up and down throughout my cycle.

Those jeans look pretty good actually. If they're not zipping they probably will soon.

Also, great job on the will power. A lot of times on these forums people say "oh just eat the pizza and log it", well yeah-you could. But you also could NOT lol. Self-control is fatiguing I know.
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Great job- not so much on the will power, but rather on feeling happy w your choices, no matter what those are. I think that is what dictates our destructive or productive behavior which then is reflected in our weight/health. Happy mind, happy weight (ok, that sounded better in my head.) also wherever you work must be a cool place to have spring break activities!!!
  • Glampinupdoll
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Super important to find things like this to celebrate. Let me tell you--as a relatively smaller woman with not much to lose, the scale really might not move every week. I get ONE week per month where I can get an accurate weigh in. Otherwise it's up and down throughout my cycle.

Those jeans look pretty good actually. If they're not zipping they probably will soon.

Also, great job on the will power. A lot of times on these forums people say "oh just eat the pizza and log it", well yeah-you could. But you also could NOT lol. Self-control is fatiguing I know.

Lol!! True....but you also could NOT eat it and get to your goal faster :) I've got about 3-4 inches between hips and butt that need to go for them to zip. Can't spot reduce so I'm sure I'll look skeletal up top before anything happens down there haha! Perhaps in time for Halloween!! .eeeeek!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Lol!! True....but you also could NOT eat it and get to your goal faster :) I've got about 3-4 inches between hips and butt that need to go for them to zip. Can't spot reduce so I'm sure I'll look skeletal up top before anything happens down there haha! Perhaps in time for Halloween!! .eeeeek!!

I struggle with this too. By the time I got my dang hips down to 37 inches, my face was all drawn, my ribs were showing, I had loose skin around my elbows....bleh.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!