My new obsession! Do you have one?

Options
My new obsession is coconut milk drink! I love, love, love the taste of it and drink it straight from a glass. I've always hated the taste of plain milk and am loving this alternative. I know its not the most unprocessed thing in the world, but it tastes so great. I can't drink soy or almond milk so its a good choice for me!

Does anyone else love coconut milk?

Do you have a new, healthy (-ish) food obsession?

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Mine would honestly be the new omelet recipe I made up recently.

I can't eat more than 1 yolk per day because of the saturated fats/cholesterol link and the fact that I have been struggling with cholesterol issues for a while...so I decided to take 1 whole egg and 4 egg whites for my omelet since it has about the same calories as 2 whole eggs. Then I tossed in fresh mushrooms pieces, grade tomato pieces, low sodium ham deli meat, and a little sprinkle of fat free cheddar cheese and low fat mozzarella cheese. (I honestly used both cheeses the first time because I was simply almost out of both, but now I love the combo!). It's very healthy and extremely tasty. I love it! I used to change up my breakfast all the time like I do dinner or lunch, but now I am having this omelet every other day. :flowerforyou:
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Salty liquorice. Mmmm. It's 64cal in the whole box and I go throughhalf a box in a night. Tastes sooooo good!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My new love is emerald cocoa almonds!! They are really really good!! :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Mine would be Miracle Noodles.
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    tortillaas... i can put anything in a tortilla fold the end roll it up and have a portable lunch/dinner...
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Salty liquorice. Mmmm. It's 64cal in the whole box and I go throughhalf a box in a night. Tastes sooooo good!

You sound like a Scandinavian :)

My obsessions include berries and almond milk on top! MMMMM.

Best,

Debbie
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the Supreme protein bars (all of them!) and peanuts! I use both to fill up my remaining calories for the day, I know they are both high in saturated fats, but I try to balance everything out ;)
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I discovered these last weekend with my mom and they've become a favorite! Spray a little cooking spray on both sides of a corn tortilla and bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, then spread on fat free refried beans. Top with lots of salsa and a little bit of cheese and put back in the oven to melt. Oh my goodness they were soooooo good! I've also rediscovered grapes and apples, and gotten hooked on Luna and Lara bars.

[Edit] I'm also addicted to fat free frozen yogurt from Sonic now...whenever I want ice cream, which is very often :wink: I get a small cup of this. So fewer calories than a small DQ blizzard!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Mine would honestly be the new omelet recipe I made up recently.

I can't eat more than 1 yolk per day because of the saturated fats/cholesterol link and the fact that I have been struggling with cholesterol issues for a while...so I decided to take 1 whole egg and 4 egg whites for my omelet since it has about the same calories as 2 whole eggs. Then I tossed in fresh mushrooms pieces, grade tomato pieces, low sodium ham deli meat, and a little sprinkle of fat free cheddar cheese and low fat mozzarella cheese. (I honestly used both cheeses the first time because I was simply almost out of both, but now I love the combo!). It's very healthy and extremely tasty. I love it! I used to change up my breakfast all the time like I do dinner or lunch, but now I am having this omelet every other day. :flowerforyou:

That sounds delish!!! I like the idea of the two different cheeses. I love cheese and I have been using very strong cheeses, like blue or parmigiano reggiano so I don't have to use as much, but that sounds great too!
  • rachelmof
    rachelmof Posts: 51
    Options
    Shakeology is my new obsession! Now that I've tried it, I can't be without it!!!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    my pre-bedtime "snack"

2/3 cup low fat cottage cheese, scoop choc/vanilla whey, 1tbsn natural pb, bit of skim milk. Stir up and put in the freezer for 20mins. Is awesome! (protein bomb :happy: )
  • rachelllk
    rachelllk Posts: 63
    Options
    my pre-bedtime "snack"

2/3 cup low fat cottage cheese, scoop choc/vanilla whey, 1tbsn natural pb, bit of skim milk. Stir up and put in the freezer for 20mins. Is awesome! (protein bomb :happy: )

yummm my whey will be here monday - this is the first thing i'm making!
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers!!!! Ground turkey meat...... never thought that i could replace beef but it is sooooooo good!!
  • snowbunnies
    Options
    My new obsession is called Smooze Fruit Ice. It's a mix of coconut milk & juice that you throw in the freezer overnight. It's all natural, tastes like ice cream and it's only 70 calories!

Try the mango flavor if you see it in the store. It looks like this:
    boxesMango.jpg
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream Bars. Mhmmmm Eatting one now!
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    I can't eat more than 1 yolk per day because of the saturated fats/cholesterol link and the fact that I have been struggling with cholesterol issues for a while...

Check out the Niacin connection to lowering cholesterol. 2000 mg/day [1000 AM / 1000 PM - regular Niacin, not the non-flushing kind which doesn't work - after 2 or 3 months of consistent daily use, I don't experience the 'flush' anymore], combined with daily intake of Omega 3 oil has normalized my cholesterol - lowered my triglycerides, raised my HDL and lowered my LDL...I eat as many eggs as I want to.

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou:
  • spngebobmyhero
    Options
    My new obsession is called Smooze Fruit Ice. It's a mix of coconut milk & juice that you throw in the freezer overnight. It's all natural, tastes like ice cream and it's only 70 calories!

Try the mango flavor if you see it in the store. It looks like this:
    boxesMango.jpg

ummm....those sound amazing!
  • KrazyKatie
    KrazyKatie Posts: 42
    Options
    I agree the Smooze sound so great! Will look for them!:smooched:
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options

You sound like a Scandinavian :)

My obsessions include berries and almond milk on top! MMMMM.

Best,

Debbie

Good guess! Im from scotland but I'm living in Norway right now.
  • spngebobmyhero
    Options
    I bought the So Delicious coconut milk last night cause it was 10 cents cheaper and it is not nearly as tasty as the Silk brand :sad: So disappointed!