I ғᴇʟʟ ᴏғғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀɢᴏɴ ʙᴜᴛ I'ᴍ ᴄʟɪᴍʙɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴏɴ! ☺

Options
Calpheon
Calpheon Posts: 15 Member
As the title says, I fell off!

Last year I started a journey in losing weight. Things started to pick up by the end of the summer, I had lost ~50 lbs, I felt great, life was good.. Then my accountability-buddy dropped out, school started, my depression/anxiety found me once more, holidays, my family had to put our dog down.. Excuses, I know. But here I am again.

My starting weight was 311 lbs, which is the heaviest I have ever been. I've been obese my entire life and I honestly cannot remember feeling 'okay' with my body. Although I had lost a fair bit of pocket change over the course of last year, I'm putting my foot down as I teeter at 292 lbs. I did have an MFP account last year but it discourages me a bit - to see the progress that my friends have made compared to my progress in overeating and not exercising. So I decided to start over. Start a new chapter, give it another go, defeat my doubts, etc.,.

I don't really have much to say for myself. My name is Katherine, I'm twenty-four years old, and I quite enjoy drawing digitally, writing, and geeking out on video games; mostly MMORPGs. I live in beautiful Nova Scotia, Canada while my boyfriend is finishing a welding course in North Carolina. We met online and have been dating for two years, after visiting each other numerous times we decided to spend the rest of our life together. I won't be able to experience that long life or family if I remain at my current weight, so that is my biggest motivation.

That being said, I have no friends (Err.. On this website, that is), and I am definitely looking for others (preferably around my weight but I will accept anyone that wishes to trade support!) to sub-consciously hold me accountable and also give me inspiration on this difficult endeavor.

Thank you for taking the time in reading this, have a great evening. ♥

Replies

• NatiaGonitellie
    NatiaGonitellie Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back. :)
    Climbing back up on that wagon myself, this is my second day.

Sending a friend request to you.
    I'm usually able to check in Monday - Friday.
  • teresahatler
    teresahatler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi you know you are growing new habits and it takes time. It took time to grow the former habits that got us all here!
    Today would have been my grandmother's 101st birthday. She passed away last year at 100. I'm learning to follow her example. She ate 3 meals a day & danced. simple, but hard
  • Calpheon
    Options
    Many thanks! I look forward to making some progress and keeping it that way this time around! I don't recall ever dancing in my life, maybe I should look into it for exercise. ☺
  • shellscriptr
    shellscriptr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the luck in the world! I signed up about a week ago (75 lbs to lose). Logging everything I eat really helps me be accountable, and my MFP friends inspire me. Feel free to add me!
  • marebear31485
    marebear31485 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am not quite at your weight but I understand your struggles with anxiety and depression. I will add you. I wish you luck in your journey!
  • Calpheon
    Options
    Thank you for the friend adds! ♥