Tilapia Pizazz

Options
I love Tilapia! Currently, I'm getting bored :yawn: with it. What can I do to add some Pizazz to my tilapia?

Replies

• officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I just made Tilapia for the first time last week and it was delicious!! I kept it simple....olive oil, salt, cracked pepper, and fresh lemon juice and then I grilled it. I know it is nothing that probably speaks "Pizazz" but sometimes simple tastes amazing!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Salt, pepper, lime zest and juice! Grill. My go to not so boring tilapia recipe. Enjoy:)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    It is good baked with chili powder and lime juice.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE tilapia! I eat it atleast once a week, sometimes more! Tonight I made a honey mustard (dijon mustard, honey, a dash of cayenne pepper) and it was good and easy. Another of my favorites is to use the mccormick grill mates seasonings, baja ctrus flavor. yum! Also, another one I do is soy sauce, fresh squeezed lime juice and a touch of sesame oil.
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I broil mine with mushrooms and onions sprinkled with some cajun seasoning and a little dab of butter. i've added it to shrimp and brocoli stir fri. I've thought about adding salsa to give it a kick (but haven't tried it yet)
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    I don't know how healthy this will be as it's been years since I've made it. But here you go: Lightly coat tilapia with oil of choice then cover with parmesan and seasonings of choice, bake at 350 until fish is cooked, serve with lemon or lime wedges, serve over cous cous with grilled asparagus.
  • charc16
    charc16 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Mix together lite mayo, plain greek yoghurt, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and some spices. Broil the fish for a few minutes on each side, then cover with the mixture and broil for about 5 more minutes. It is SO GOOD! I could eat it every night.
  • ejmcam
    Options
    I also found a recipe called "Keep it tight tilapia" from Tosca Reo (the eat clean diet) it was also very good. Here is the link:

http://www.eatcleandiet.com/food_and_recipes/clean_recipe/tosca’s_keep-it-tight_tilapia.aspx
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I love tilapia too. I have a citrus and basil rub that is awesome. I recently used a chili lime rub and topped it with a avocado & tomato salsa. It was just avocado, tomato, lime juice, salt & onion (if you like onion). It was delicious!
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    sounds like a no-brainer, but if you dont already, add real slices of lemon. I had been using lemon juice (squeezable little lemon container) but there is no comparison to real lemon
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options

ooh yes and Chili Powder is great on it!!!!!
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Old Bay Seasoning.
  • kcalli0429
    kcalli0429 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    grocery store has a tortilla crusted talapia that is to die for.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options

ooh yes and Chili Powder is great on it!!!!!

bumping for other recipes, but I also make grilled tilapia tacos. You grill your tilapia with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin and lime juice. Heat up a couple corn tortillas, then line the bottom with raw coleslaw mix. I add the fish, and then some pico de gallo. I also mix up Marie's yogurt ranch dressing with just a touch of cilantro paste and drizzle on top. Its absolutely delicous!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    just made it last night and put it in fish tacos....

sauteed in on stove, light olive oil spray, seasoned it with cumin, paprika fresh lime juice.

Served it on corn tortillas with slices of avocado....added salsa and a margarita!
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    1CALIJIBARO2 Posts: 132
    Options
    squeeze lemon on it....let sit in refrige (2hrs.{or not}) depends how fast u r goin to eat.....anywho, season of ur choice, slice thin & place on top of talapia; bell peppers,onions, tomato, shredded or grated cheese, 3 small shrimp & garnish w/ cilantro.....place into aluminum foil, wrap.add little water to a pan & let boil. place fish in pan cover, reduce heat & let it simmer 7-12min (dependind on size of fish.). remove fish from pan & place on dish w/ aluminum open & enjoy......need spoon to eat to for the juice ..may serve w/ brown rice inside w/ fish.........HAPPY EATIN.....:glasses: .:smokin:
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Blackened Tilapia Baja Tacos

YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 2 tacos)
    TOTAL: 20 MINUTES
    COURSE: Main Dishes

Ingredients
    1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
    1 cup thinly sliced white onion
    1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
    1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
    4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
    1/2 ripe peeled avocado, thinly sliced
    4 lime wedges

Preparation
    1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine jalapeño sauce and onion in a small bowl.

2. Combine paprika and next 6 ingredients (through ground red pepper); sprinkle evenly over fish. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.

3. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish, onion mixture, and avocado evenly among tortillas. Serve with lime wedges.

Amount per serving
    Calories: 362
    Fat: 13.6g
    Saturated fat: 3.1g
    Monounsaturated fat: 6.4g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
    Protein: 37g
    Carbohydrate: 27.1g
    Fiber: 4.9g
    Cholesterol: 79mg
    Iron: 1.5mg
    Sodium: 388mg
    Calcium: 74mg
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Tilapia in Mustard Cream Sauce

YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 1/4 cup sauce)

Ingredients
    4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
    1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    Cooking spray
    3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    1 ounce portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
    2 tablespoons whipping cream
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

Preparation
    Sprinkle fish with thyme, pepper, and salt. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish; cook 1 minute on each side. Add broth, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook, uncovered, 1 minute or until mushrooms are tender. Remove fish from pan; keep warm.
    Add cream and mustard to pan; stir with a whisk until well combined. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve sauce over fish

Amount per serving
    Calories: 184
    Calories from fat: 22%
    Fat: 4.6g
    Saturated fat: 2.1g
    Monounsaturated fat: 1g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
    Protein: 32.7g
    Carbohydrate: 1.2g
    Fiber: 0.6g
    Cholesterol: 134mg
    Iron: 2.2mg
    Sodium: 536mg
    Calcium: 40mg
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Pecan-Crusted Tilapia

YIELD: 4 servings (serving size: 1 tilapia fillet)

Ingredients
    1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
    2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
    1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    4 (6-ounce) tilapia or snapper fillets
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
    4 lemon wedges

Preparation
    Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish. Combine buttermilk and hot sauce in a medium bowl; place flour in a shallow dish. Dredge 1 fillet in flour. Dip in buttermilk mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining fillets, flour, buttermilk mixture, and breadcrumb mixture.

Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 fillets; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and fillets. Serve with lemon wedges

Amount per serving
    Calories: 302
    Calories from fat: 27%
    Fat: 9.1g
    Saturated fat: 1.1g
    Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
    Protein: 38.4g
    Carbohydrate: 14.2g
    Fiber: 0.9g
    Cholesterol: 64mg
    Iron: 1.3mg
    Sodium: 530mg
    Calcium: 98mg
  • ejmcam
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I got some great new recipe that I cant wait to try! Is it bad to eat tilapia everyday???? LOL