Why can't I be happy

Options
Feel so down I could cry don't know why cause I have done so well been weighed this morning it's been a month since I had a proper weigh in and only lost 4 pound making my total 2 stone in 2 months I know I have done well look better feel better just feel so down

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Only 4lb? I think you have set yourself some unrealistic goals. 4lbs in four weeks is excellent and even more so given the weight you have already lost.

Create some new goals, more realistic goals and make sure that some of them are not weight/scale related. Focus on other success indicators. These could be fitness related (improved walk or run times, increased weights for training) or health related eg reduction in blood pressure.
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Ok sweetheart you need to pull yourself together.
    4 pounds, a pound a week, is a great loss, hell 2 stone is fantastic !
    People on here would kill for those losses.
    Why are you so down? You know you look better, feel better and have done well.
    We all have days when we wish we could snap our fingers and just wake up looking amazing but, you are doing great.

Put more focus on achievements , not the number on the scale. Find and do something that makes you happy, it isn't healthy to feel down over weight it can only lead to disordered thinking.

If this is something that begins to take over you look for professional advice but in the meantime if you can shake it off.

Add me if you like x
    Good luck op
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Honey, take it from someone whose scale hasn't moved in two months. A 4lb loss is GREAT!! I would love to see that in a month!!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    2 stone = 28lb in 2 months.
    What are you moaning about???
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    You sound like you're more of a "glass half empty" type. You're doing fine, chillax.
  • sammday5
    sammday5 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys think need to give my head a shake both my parents are really poorly and I feel my weight is the only thing I can control right now just feel *kitten* but your all right need new goals not just the scale thank you again
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    sammday5 wrote: »
    Feel so down I could cry don't know why cause I have done so well been weighed this morning it's been a month since I had a proper weigh in and only lost 4 pound making my total 2 stone in 2 months I know I have done well look better feel better just feel so down

What were your expectations? You have lost more than many people do in 2 months. Most people here are not aiming to lose more than 4-8 lbs a month. Expecting to lose 20-30 lbs a month is unrealistic and unhealthy.
    Losing 4 lbs in a month is great progress.
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Grab four 1 lb bags of flour and carry them around the house for awhile. You'll feel better then!
    Good work and smile, darn it!