1st NSV: Wedding Dress!!!

Options
So here's my story. I am getting married in September and I bought my dress in December of last year. I was heavy and still carrying around baby weight from my 8 month old, whom I was still nursing at the time. Against the advice of the sales people I bought the dress a size smaller. They (the sales people) with good intentions kept telling me,

"Don't do it, we've seen this happen, order the size you are now, you don't want to disappoint yourself."

My dress arrived in January and I was super excited to try it on, except that when I did the dress didn't fit. It wouldn't even zip half way up my back.

I thought that it was okay, no big deal, I have time to lose weight and fit in it and if not then I'll just exchange the dress for a larger size. Except I didn't lose weight, I just kept eating the same garbage I had been eating, and then "THE DRESS", my dress, was discontinued. So much for the back up plan. Tried the dress on in February, it didn't fit, tried it on in March, it still didn't fit.

On the advice of some friends I joined MFP in March (Thanks Brooke, Jules, and Lissa!) and have lost 11 lbs (I weigh in tomorrow so probably more by now). I went in for my first dress fitting today and the dress not only zipped up all the way but the clasp was able to close on top.

The sales ladies remembered me and told me that I was one of the few brides who has actually followed through with losing the weight and fitting into a smaller dress. I told them that I plan on losing 14 more lbs and so they are not going to alter the dress until then!

I am so proud, excited and grateful for having found such a supportive community of people with a common goal! Now I'm gearing up for that 2nd dress fitting at the end of July and the final fitting in mid August and GUESS WHAT??? I'm actually looking forward to it!

Replies

• FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! On your NSV and your upcoming nuptials. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ckdub428
    ckdub428 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!!! I hope you have to get it altered smaller just so you can show the sales people that you can do it!!!!
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Great job I would have been panicking....
  • MarielElizabeth
    Options
    Yay!!!!!! Keep up the good work. You're gonna look AH-MAZING in that dress ! I am getting married next year and thought I would try this website out too. 10 days gone and I've lost 5 pounds! Its really amazing how it has kept me on track. I bet you're gonna need to get that dress taken in ! Have a wonderful wedding, you deserve it! :-)
  • DancingFox
    DancingFox Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! That's absolutely fantastic! :D
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how amazing that feels! I got my wedding dress a size too small because my size would have been $200 extra and by the time of my final fitting, they had to take it in nearly 4" on each side!! :smile:

Congratulations!! Keep up the good work!!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Isn't it nice to prove people wrong sometimes? Great job, keep it up! Congratulations and keep it up.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Aw how wonderful! Congratulations!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    That's so fabulous! Congratulations :)
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Excellent NSV :drinker:

Congratulations on your loss and your upcoming wedding!!!!!!
  • Yayi724
    Yayi724 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! :smile:
  • Sambinah
    Sambinah Posts: 2
    Options
    Great job! I think we all should go buy an outfit we love in a size too small and use it as motivation and a reward.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Great job girl! You will feel amazing on your special day! Congrats!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! Having that dress zip right up is one of the best feelings in the world.
    :heart:
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Amazing! Way to go!!!
  • Yayi724
    Yayi724 Posts: 13
    Options
    That's an awesome idea! The inspiration outfit!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!