6lbs weight gain in 4 days that won't come off?

Options
2 weeks ago was my birthday so after eating very lightly all day I went out to dinner and ate a burger etc and became extremely full because of how much I ate but the next day I had gained 6lbs and was very bloated. 2 weeks later I'm still bloated (my waist is 2 inches bigger and I look 4 months pregnant), still 6lbs heavier and now I have extreme stomach discomfort and get extremely full and uncomfortable after eating barely anything. what is going on???? this has really affected me as I now weigh the same as what I did in the end of January and also look so podgy. I don't understand how I have gained this much weight and not been able to get rid of it just because of one meal where I ate too much?????

Replies

• CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    TOTM pending?
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Try drinking a small glass of cold prune juice for a few days in a row. It sounds like your bowels are sluggish. This can help. (I say "cold" cuz I think it taste better cold vs room temp.)

hth

(eta: another thought, do you have issues with lactose?)
  • Hawtcookies
    Hawtcookies Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I could have written this. Literally. My birthday was also 2 weeks ago and had a nice weekend with eating out, cake and other goodies. Afterwards I was 5lb heavier. I tend to have higher calorie days in the weekends anyway, and it usually melts off within a week. Not this time. I also made a topic about it. I applied all the tricks (drinking dandelion tea, lots of water, avoiding salt, and even a herbal diuretic), but nothing helped.

What worked for me was taking a step back, relax some and taking a break. The break was this week, as I had to attend a conference for three days where I would be given food, and could not weigh anything. I also took a break from exercise during that time. normally I do 5-6 hiit sessions of about 30-40 min a week, plus I run about 8km twice a week. None of that during the conference. Just one small 2 hour walk.
    When I came back, despite a big dinner on one of those days, I lost a few lbs. Still not back where I was, but it is getting much closer.

I guess the conclusion of this story would be that sometimes our bodies react differently, even though circumstances look the same. Key is patience, and sometimes taking a deep breath and a break.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago was my birthday so after eating very lightly all day I went out to dinner and ate a burger etc and became extremely full because of how much I ate but the next day I had gained 6lbs and was very bloated. 2 weeks later I'm still bloated (my waist is 2 inches bigger and I look 4 months pregnant), still 6lbs heavier and now I have extreme stomach discomfort and get extremely full and uncomfortable after eating barely anything. what is going on???? this has really affected me as I now weigh the same as what I did in the end of January and also look so podgy. I don't understand how I have gained this much weight and not been able to get rid of it just because of one meal where I ate too much?????

Are you constipated? Sometimes this can be relieved with fiber, water, exercise, etc., sometimes it is a sign of a medical condition that requires medical intervention like for this poster http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10268491/tmi-constipation-issues-i-need-help/p1