Face shape when losing weight

Options
I'm considering getting a new pair of glasses, but how much of a change does losing 10-15 lbs make to your face shape when it comes to frames? I know it slims down a person's face but wasn't sure if it's better just to wait a bit before choosing a new pair ... Because they're expensive haha!

Replies

• skbrodie
    skbrodie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd wait because (I think) my face changes a lot when I lose or gain weight. If you only have 10-15 pounds to lose, it may not make a big difference, it just depends on the person.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I don't feel like 10-15 pounds made a big change in the shape of my face. I feel like that's small enough weight that my face changed proportionally when I lost it.

And you just reminded me to call the eye doctor to make an appointment!
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your original face shape. I have an oval face, with chubby cheeks. I'm starting to see a bit more definition in my cheeks, though. But unless you're starting with a very round face, or very chubby cheeks, I can't imagine that amount of weight loss would change very much.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    My cheeks change but I don't think otherwise I've ever noticed significant different on the distance of where glasses actually sit.
  • RiseHigher
    RiseHigher Posts: 64 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thank you! I've been dealing with seasonal affective disorder, which causes weight gain in the winter. So I know I'll lose it in a couple of months now that spring is here. What I may do is go back and look at photos from last winter/spring and see. In the past glasses I have bought before and after weight loss sometimes don't look as good on me, lol! And I may want to get something really trendy to celebrate the weight loss. My cheeks tend to be puffier and the high end and slim down with more cheekbone definition after I lose it.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    If found it was more 30+lbs is where my face started to change. After 60lbs it was a lot. My face shape though was the same, glasses just needed readjusted for slimmer overall face.
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    After 10lbs my face definitely slimmed down. I have a naturally round face though so the extra weight just stuffed it out.
  • RiseHigher
    Options
    My face tends to be oval but is more roundish when I gain and angular when I lose.
  • GMAC2016
    GMAC2016 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Well if your avatar photo is accurate I think 10 lbs would make you disappear.
    For me 10 lbs wouldn't even be noticeable. Depends where you are starting.
  • ssmix
    ssmix Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had a similar issue but mine was with a haircut. Anywho this is me after 17 lbs weight loss.
    I think my face looks very different but technically the original shape is still there no?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I don't know. There's a point between the 120s and upper 130s where my face changes a LOT...
  • RiseHigher
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ssmix I think your face looks different too. Nice pic you look great !

My avatar is my weight outside of the end of winter. As I mentioned the SAD takes a toll.

Sometimes if I am at the lower end my face starts looking kind of, well, wrinkles show more lol so maybe I should get larger frames to cover that up haha!