20 Pounds Progress Pictures!

Options
RWeaver08
RWeaver08 Posts: 44 Member
20.2 Pounds to be exact! (: And while I am excited to reach this milestone....I don't feel any different...does anyone else feel this way? I look in the mirror and I see the same figure that I had 20 pounds ago... I started at 200 and am now 179.8. I want to feel good about myself and I thought I would by now. Anyone have any tips on how to get my self confidence back?

Ok so this was me March 28th 2011 at 200 pounds.

Picnikcollage.jpg

And this is me today June 17th 2011 at 179.8 pounds.

Picnikcollage2.jpg

Replies

• schieca
    schieca Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see a difference! Congratulations :) Look at your upper arms, your stomach and your legs! It's always easier for others to see changes. Keep up the great work
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look great!!! =D I need to get more pics of my progress. Still have to upload pics on here as it is haha. Keep it up =)
  • bwesser
    bwesser Posts: 61
    Options
    Girl, you do not look like you weighed 200lbs! And congratulations!!! I can see the difference. :)
  • theresabell67
    theresabell67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    oh honey, you can most definitely see a change!!!
  • optimumsy
    optimumsy Posts: 3
    Options
    Way to go! I love seeing before and after pics. You should be so proud of your progress.... CELEBRATE!!!
  • RWeaver08
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I wish I felt that way. Im not sure why the whole pictures didnt show up. I tried re sizing but it didn't work. Oh well! lol
  • obifatkanobi
    obifatkanobi Posts: 190
    Options
    Yes, there is quite a difference, and yes, I think most of us have the same trouble, other people can see but we don't. Measuring shows the difference in size just as the scale does in weight. Keep up the good work and see ya at the next 20lb mark...
  • Frislaine
    Frislaine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see it!
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I've lost 21 now (183 to 162) and I don't usually see much difference either. But remember that you and your immediate family see the results everyday and you don't really notice it, but to people who don't see you everyday it will be much more noticable.

Someone that works in one of the other offices in my building commented today on how great I look, and wanted to know what I am doing. (I can go several weeks without seeing her. When I saw her last week she commented that my hair looked different, but then realized that it was something else. Said she almost didn't recognize me last week.) I didn't think it was at all noticable yet.
  • Dreamweaver4036
    Options
    I am also at my 20 pound mark and I feel the same way! I feel a little different and my clothes don't fit anymore but I somehow felt like 20 pounds would be a bigger change. However I can See A HUGE difference in your pictures! You're looking GREAT!! I am currently right at your starting weight and can't wait to see what my next 20 pounds down looks like! Keep up the good work and congrats!
  • ShakilaBano
    ShakilaBano Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have lost 32 pounds in total and although I do feel very different, I get a lot of people saying that I look ill and anorexic. I know I am not anorexic because I don't think I am fat now. I think maintaining weight is just as hard as losing weight but the upside is that I can eat what I want in moderation as long as I stay within my calorie and fat limits.
  • Bobbie49
    Bobbie49 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you look so good thats great
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Nice hourglass figure!
  • swimtaxi
    swimtaxi Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm down 20 lbs and I understand what you are saying. In the mirror my body looks pretty much the same. However, I just pulled 5 pairs of pants from the back of the closet (size 14 not 16 or 18). I now fit in them and that has boosted my self esteem tremendously. I bought a couple of bras in a smaller cup size (D not DD) which was another feel good moment. It's enough to keep me going...to try and exercise more and be more diligent:) I can see the difference in your pics...hang in there!!! It will get better!
  • ginmo333
    ginmo333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    girl you are looking great!!! how tall are you? I think our stories are pretty similar... I started on march 28th, but I have only lost 18 lbs so far! I still have about 29 more lbs I would like to lose. How much do you want to lose?
  • Lydvicious
    Lydvicious Posts: 28
    Options
    Wow you look great! Keep it up!!
  • RWeaver08
    Options
    I'm 5"4 (: My goal weight is 136 but I would be just happy with 145. I just really want a healthy BMI and my healthy range is 107-136 so I just picked the logical weight. lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!