Protien Drinks

Options
Do you drink them? What do you think? and which ones do you recommend that do NOT taste like protien drinks, lol

Replies

• TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I drink them a few times a week. i like muscle milk and EAS advantage. I have found the the prepacked ones taste less medicinal/minerally than the powder you mix yourself. I like to use them after a work out or as a meal replacer.
  • sittingduck180
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate - Tastes just like chocolate milk to me! GNC has them, but it's cheaper online through Amazon.com. I just started a subscription for a 5lb jug every two months....
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i drink two a day, each one after i work out. in the morning i have allmax isoflex vanilla with a handful of frozen strawberries. it tastes good. in the evening after my evening workout i have BSN Syntha 6. It tastes really good. i mix it up with water and some ice. i mix them in the blender. dont know what it's like in a shaker cup. they're the perfect blend for after workout recovery and easier to digest when im still getting over the workout..
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Chocolate Shakeology, it taste like a chocolate milk shake to me.
  • bethany675
    bethany675 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just bought Six star Pro Nutrition Whey Protein Vanilla....LOVE IT. It's so thick -mixed in some crushed ice, skim milk, and 1/2 a banana. I always use a blender for my recovery so it was natural to use one for this. It is FANTASTIC and my boyfriend said, "Wow that tastes like a McDonald's milkshake". He's nuts!
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Muscle milk with a banana and cup of ice in blender. Delicious!
  • AmandaMonique
    Options
    i take Optimum Nutrition's 100% whey like pp. I too order it through Amazon, it's like 37 for a 5lb thing. I have it in strawberry but I'm getting it in chocolate next. It's not too bad but it gets old, and on days that I don't like it I just add some stevia and it's delicious again!!

Also, I like that one because there aren't a lot of carbs or fat, like 1 gram. It's pretty much pure protein and the serving size is one scoop. Hope that helps!
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I buy whey isolate from the website nutrabio.com. I have to mix them with milk or gatorade, I can't drink them using water. I like both the chocolate and strawberry. Bought the mixed berry this time but haven't opened it yet. It mixes without leaving powder in the cup. It has less then 1g of sugar, 1g carbs and 25g of protein. Most of the flavors are around 100 calories I believe.

My trainer told me to do the 100% whey isolate so that is why I went with it.
  • RosieGB33nz
    RosieGB33nz Posts: 142
    Options
    I have a protein drink most days! I have had terrible experiences which keeps me away from any vanilla flavoured one. Being a recovering chocoholic, i tried the Balance - Divine Chocolate and i love it!! I'm excited about having my protein shake! I have mine with water unless i need to bulk up my calorie intake in which i have milk instead..... tastes like a choccy milkshake!
  • pebblesa
    pebblesa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I buy Lean body lactose free and sugar free strawberries and cream I use it half in the morning and half at night
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I like premier chocolate ones from Costco. They taste just like chocolate milk.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    check out bodybuilding.com for protein drinks. They have a ton!

Optimum Nutrition is my favorite brand....a little more pricey but way worth it. It actually tastes good.

I love amazon (always think they have the best deals), but I think bb.com is a little better. The shipping is no contest.

Body Building.com has the best shipping I have ever seen. The stuff will come in 2-3 days, always

Wow I sound like a spokesperson lol
  • dwardkaiser
    Options
    I Love Pure Protien. You can get them online, at the vitamin shop, target, walmart and most drug stores. They are relatively inexpensive and they taste great! I like to put them in the freezer for a couple minutes so they get a little icey and they all taste like milk shakes. My favorite is the cookies in cream or the bannana. But all of them are good!
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    I've tried a few, and my preference is Biotest. All of their flavors are fantastic - chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and banana cream (remember those yellow popsicles with ice cream inside?), they blend VERY well - the texture is spot on. They are also ridiculously filling, which to me is a BIG deal! I usually had one for breakfast, one for afternoon snack before workout, and if I was up late I had one before bed. I was also impressed with this brand's numbers as far as low carb, high protein, low calorie. The website to get it from is.... a little sexist (t-nation.com), but if you can get past the bikini babes, their products are the highest quality I've found.