Options
    173.8. Better than last weeks weigh in!
    Amazing job, everyone!!!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Another weekend down
    - Drink 88 oz + of water- managed both days
    - 360 minutes of intentional activity (walking around town, swimming, volleyball and whatever other activities they have at the BBQ)- Done- busy all day yesterday and today.
    - Maximum 2 alcoholic beverages on Sat- 2 glasses of wine Sat non Sun
    - Under on calories and sodium on Sunday. - If I follow my plan, done

Not a bad weekend overall. yesterday was good but even with all the water I was a bit dehydrated and had a touch of heat exhaustion. Retaining water pretty bad today so I have been chugging all day. I wll get at least 12 glasses, maybe more. Went running today and pulled a muscle in my butt. It really hurts but I iced it (not all the comfy) and took some advil. Hopefully it won't take long to heal since I have a race on Saturday. Here are my goals for the week.

1) Drink 88 oz of water daily
    2) 300 minutes of intentional exercise
    3) follow my established meal plan
    4) Under on sodium daily.

Let's rock this!
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Kerri--put me down for 144.4. My weight has been all over this weekend, but today was the first time I weighed myself at the "normal" time.
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Killed it this weekend! So proud of myself. Worked out daily, stayed under calories and didn't eat ANYTHING at my husbands parents! Woohoo!!

This week should be awesome, I am planning on going to The Factory Gym tomorrow and Wednesday. I am TEACHING a Puppy class and Teenage Dog class tonight (usually I just assist, but the teacher will be out of town). Then I'm assisting a Manner's class on Thursday. My goals for this week are still about the same, but include:

- Burn at least 3000 calories Tu-Fri (shouldn't be hard with going to The Factory Gym twice)
    - 100oz of water a day (need to get going on today!)
    - Stay under on calories and watch my sodium.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend celebrating Father's Day :) Kick butt this week!!
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Phew, back from Lanzarote. Had a great time, got very sunburnt...tiniest of a colour (I dont tan!), ate/drank WAY too much, but I was on hols with 5 guys who wanted to eat out everynight and drink so my willpower was quickly burned out!
    Anyways, Im back to normality and want to try and get back to MFP and a regular routine and start working out and eating properly again. The summer isn't over yet!!

Haven't had a chance to catch up on all the posts on this forum but I trust everyone has been working hard while I was away!
    :)
    Here's to a good week everyone!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Kinda bumming. I gave myself an ultimadum that I could not try on wedding gowns until I was in the 150's. I said that when I was 165. I am currently at 171. I have to believe that this new Cross Fit training that I am doing is making me gain major muscle. I know it is and all the rest of its members are saying the same thing! Will I settle down and then start to lose again? I am wondering if I need to be doing more cardio sessions at a lower level. I am just discouraged! I'm not mad at how my body is looking.. I feel great and MUCH stronger this past month, but I hate to see that I've gained 5-6# in the last 3 months of our challenge! =(
  • DianaM1020
    DianaM1020 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Kerri- That's why numbers don't tell all! If you know you are getting stronger and like how you look then go try on some dresses!!! As long as you feel good about yourself that's all that matters!
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Kinda bumming. I gave myself an ultimadum that I could not try on wedding gowns until I was in the 150's. I said that when I was 165. I am currently at 171. I have to believe that this new Cross Fit training that I am doing is making me gain major muscle. I know it is and all the rest of its members are saying the same thing! Will I settle down and then start to lose again? I am wondering if I need to be doing more cardio sessions at a lower level. I am just discouraged! I'm not mad at how my body is looking.. I feel great and MUCH stronger this past month, but I hate to see that I've gained 5-6# in the last 3 months of our challenge! =(

I know exactly how numbers can take over your life. I often judge my success/failure by the numbers on the scale even though I know there are so many other factors to success. I just refuse to let myself see them.
    So even though it may be hard for you to get your head around, just block those numbers from your mind. They don't define you and they're not a measure of your true success and happiness.
    I often get myself caught up in goals that Ive set, things that Ive put off until Ive reached a certain number on the scale, but Im just letting life and happiness fly by because Im too stressed about being a certain weight instead of enjoying the journey and being happy with each positive step Im taking.
    You should be proud of your achievements with Crossfit. You feel stronger than before...that's a wonderful thing so be happy about it! You're building muscle, another success story! You like how your body looks right now... that's an amazing positive, lady!!!
    You should take a step back and think about how far you've come. You've been working really hard and you looking freaking amazing! Don't let 5 or 6lbs hinter all that progress. Forget about it. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll settle back into losing again. And go out and enjoy the process of picking a wedding dress! Waiting for a certain number to flash up on the scale is just getting in the way of all the fun and excitement you should be having with the planning of your wedding. There is no doubt in my mind that you are going to be a stunning bride so you needn't worry about it so much!
    Have fun petal and congratulate yourself from time to time. You are putting us all to shame with your motivation and success!
    So be proud of yourself :flowerforyou:
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm baaaaaaaack!

Vegas was good to me. We did lots of walking. I am only up 1 lb and I think it's because TOM is here full force. I will be fully back on the bandwagon starting Monday. :)

Lori - you are such a sweetheart for telling everyone to say Happy Birthday to me! LOL. And let me just tell everyone....Lori is one hot mama! Seeing her last week at the concert...she has done an amazing job with her weightloss journey. Including the broken ankle! I am proud of you! :) Love you!
  • mamunroe
    mamunroe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!! Hope everyone had a good week. I am down another smidgen this week. I'll take it considering TOM is in the house. CW: 137.06 lbs. Can't remember if this is the end of the challenge, if it is I'll get my measurements out tonight or tomorrow. :happy:

3/25 137.7 lbs
    4/8 141.4 lbs
    4/15 141.4 lbs
    4/21 139.7 lbs
    4/29 141.9 lbs
    5/6 141.6 lbs
    5/13 143 lbs
    5/20 143.4 lbs
    5/27 142.3 lbs
    6/3 141.68 lbs
    6/10 137.72 lbs
    6/17 137.5 lbs
    6/24 137.06 lbs

Goal for challenge 130 lbs
    Reset goal 5/27 to 137 lbs
    Reset goal 6/10 to 135 lbs
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    4/1: 170.8
    4/8: 169.0
    4/15: 167.0
    4/22: 168.0
    4/29: 166.8
    5/6: 164.6
    5/13: 164.6
    5/20: 163.8
    5/27: 163.8
    6/3: 161.0
    6/10: 160.2
    6/17: 159.6
    6/24: 162.0

Ugh- I am dissappointed but not completely suprised. I haven't been moving much and even though I have been doing okay with calories I have been a little lax in my measuring and a little untruthful with my snacking. Also, water has been my enemy the last few days. I just annoys me that a couple days off track can make such a difference.
  • DianaM1020
    DianaM1020 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    YAY! 2.0 pound loss this week! I only worked out twice but I watched my food carefully and went Vegetarian!

Week 1 (4/01) - 137.0
    Week 2 (4/08) - 136.6
    Week 3 (4/15) - 136.5
    Week 4 (4/22) - 137.6
    Week 5 (4/29) - 136.6
    Week 6 (5/06) - 138.5
    Week 7 (5/13) - 137.3
    Week 8 (5/20) - 137.8
    Week 9 (5/27) - 137.5
    Week 10 (6/3) - 140.0
    Week 11 (6/10) -140.0
    Week 12 (6/17)- 139.0
    Week 13 (6/24(- 137.0
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Gained almost 4 lbs over this challenge, that's pretty discouraging. But I have no one to blame but myself, I got lazy and quit exercising and I put the bad food in my mouth. Tightening the reigns though and looking forward to starting a new month. My birthday is in a little over a week and I'm signed up for a boot camp and pure barre classes for the month of July. I can't wait to get back in shape, I'm really looking forward to it.

Week 1 (4/01) - 162.6
    Week 2 (4/08) - 162.2
    Week 3 (4/15) - 157.6
    Week 4 (4/22) - 157.8
    Week 5 (4/29) - 159.0
    Week 6 (5/06) - 160.2
    Week 7 (5/13) - 160.4
    Week 8 (5/20) - 164.4
    Week 9 (5/27) - 159.4
    Week 10 (6/3) - ?
    Week 11 (6/10) - 164
    Week 12 (6/17) - 170.6
    Week 13 (6/24) - 166.0
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options

Learned a lesson that "cheating" isn't worth it. So happy to be back on track and feeling good! You ladies are the best!!
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Scratch that.

Yay!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I have a short list of girls that want to partake in another "challenge!" I will email those that have said they are interested on Monday... =)

In the meantime, if everyone can get me their final weight and measurements I'll send out the FINAL FLAB TO FAB CHALLENGE spreadsheet! =)

Thanks for everything, friends.
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options
    Hi My Friends!

Sorry I've fallen off posting in the group. I've been doing ok with my eating, all things considered. I've been SO stinkin' busy with my kids since they have been out of school. I swear, I've got to give major kudos to the teachers that keep them occupied for hours on end at school, because they hound me left and right when we're at home. So, I've been taking them on lots of playdates and fun things to do out of the house, and trying to do crafts and such when we're home.

This week has been pretty interesting. I haven't had an actual asthma attack since I was about 8 years old, but I ended up being admitted to the hospital overnight on Tuesday into Wednesday so they could put me on IV steroids and oxygen. I caught a cold, but it was just a normal, run-of-the-mill cold. Apparently, between that and the elliptical, my lungs became really inflamed. What a pain in the but!! So, no more exercise for me beyond walking at a normal pace, for a few more days, until things calm down. I go back to the doctor on Monday, so I'll see what he says.

Soooo, my weight is at 213 still, which is the same as last week. I've been doing well staying under calories and consuming 8-12 glasses of water daily, but some of my food choices have been less than stellar. Oh well. I'm not going to beat myself up too much right now.

I thought we were doing measurements NEXT Friday, but I just realized that's the 1st of July already! Wow! This challenge has really flown by!! I will make a point to get measured this weekend. I would like to complete the challenge, at least!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Bridget
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Hi ladies, 157lbs for me this morning. Happy because I am half way through working off a serious holiday gain (8lbs?!?! Half of it was water though cos Im down 4lbs this week from drinking water alone) but on the other hand Im disappointed that Ive let myself slip this far. Im up 1lb from when we started the challenge 3 months ago! That's not how its supposed to work :(

But I got a bit carried away with holidays and let myself get caught up in stressful situations in the last 3 months so my head wasn't fully in the game to keep losing weight. However, a fresh start never did anyone any harm and there're still two more months left of the summer to help me get to my goal weight. Not giving up is the key :)

I would love to be in the next challenge Kerri. I dont think I could continue this journey without the support! :)

Well done in this challenge ladies, you have all been absolute troopers :)
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options

I know exactly how numbers can take over your life. I often judge my success/failure by the numbers on the scale even though I know there are so many other factors to success. I just refuse to let myself see them.
    So even though it may be hard for you to get your head around, just block those numbers from your mind. They don't define you and they're not a measure of your true success and happiness.
    I often get myself caught up in goals that Ive set, things that Ive put off until Ive reached a certain number on the scale, but Im just letting life and happiness fly by because Im too stressed about being a certain weight instead of enjoying the journey and being happy with each positive step Im taking.
    You should be proud of your achievements with Crossfit. You feel stronger than before...that's a wonderful thing so be happy about it! You're building muscle, another success story! You like how your body looks right now... that's an amazing positive, lady!!!
    You should take a step back and think about how far you've come. You've been working really hard and you looking freaking amazing! Don't let 5 or 6lbs hinter all that progress. Forget about it. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll settle back into losing again. And go out and enjoy the process of picking a wedding dress! Waiting for a certain number to flash up on the scale is just getting in the way of all the fun and excitement you should be having with the planning of your wedding. There is no doubt in my mind that you are going to be a stunning bride so you needn't worry about it so much!
    Have fun petal and congratulate yourself from time to time. You are putting us all to shame with your motivation and success!
    So be proud of yourself :flowerforyou:

Kerri, I just had the chance to read through some of the posts. I agree 200% with what Lorraine said. Be proud of yourself. If you look great (which you do!) and you feel great, and your clothes fit you well, don't be so concerned with the number on the scale. Take it from the girl who ordered a size 20 wedding dress, you'll find something you love and, unlike when I bought my dress, I'm sure it will be off the rack. You won't have to order your dress until about 6-8 months out, then they won't start doing your fittings until a few months out, so you have plenty of time to drop a few more pounds and tone up. You're doing great, honey. Like Lorraine said, don't let a number on the scale interfere with the joy of planning your wedding.

xxoo Bridget
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

My head hasn't been back on track 100% since Ive gotten back from hols so Ive decided to kick it back up a notch this week and get the ball rolling again.
    I decided to make out a plan for the week and then thought I should should lay my plan out in this thread so I have some accountability.

Monday
    Food: Under calories, fat, sugar and sodium
    Exercise: Run/Gym/Walk, Burn 1000cals, Weights training
    Water: 12 glasses

Tuesday
    Exercise: Run/Gym/Walk, Burn 1000cals

Wednesday

Thursday
    Exercise: AM Run, Burn 300cals
    Water: 8 glasses

Friday

Saturday
    Exercise: Rest day
    Water: 8 glasses

Sunday
    Exercise: AM Run, Weights training, Cycle if weather permits

I really want to get myself back into a routine and hopefully if I get through my plan this week it will make it a bit easier :)