25 y/o and 50-60 lbs to lose

Options
Hi all. I'm turning 25 soon and really trying to lose 50-60 lbs to get to my desired weight. If possible, I'd love to lose it by mid-June for a special event, but if not, I still want to lose it.

I'd love to connect for encouragement/ support, as well as cost-effective tips re: food choices, and also exercises, etc.

Thanks!

Replies

• royboy969
    royboy969 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.. I'm older, but I am on everyday and can add encouragement, direction and humor.. Either way, good luck on your journey..
  • teresar91
    teresar91 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • nickymac491
    nickymac491 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm turning 25 in a couple of weeks and aiming to lose around 50-60lbs too. Maybe we could chat and share some ideas?
  • Aellio290
    Aellio290 Posts: 33 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Please reconsider a healthier goal!

50-60 lbs in 2 1/2 months is super unhealthy/impossible
  • Determinedtoloseliz
    Determinedtoloseliz Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Im 19 want to lose just under 50lb by christmas/new year!
  • teresar91
    teresar91 Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I know its not necessarily healthy, but I thought it would give me a motivation, and there was a specific reason I wanted to lose it in that time. I just want to lose that much, it doesn't have to be in 2.5 months.
  • caitlynwatson94
    caitlynwatson94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there my name is Caitlyn. I'm 22 and have 50 to 60 lbs to lose as well. Feel free to add me. :)
  • amy13a
    amy13a Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Teresar91, I go to an MMA Gym and do the classes. I LOVE IT!!! Find an activity you like. Go by how your clothes fit not a number on the scale. I'm working on this. It's not easy but slow and steady wins the race.
  • EmilyHughes801
    EmilyHughes801 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 and still trying to lose the same 25 pounds I tried to lose last year
  • julia0427
    julia0427 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    50 is my goal. Feel free to add me too!!
  • danny81389
    danny81389 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey im Danielle 24yrs old trying to lose 50-60 as well
    U can add me and we can talk
  • jadasanders14
    jadasanders14 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    teresar91 wrote: »
    Hi all. I'm turning 25 soon and really trying to lose 50-60 lbs to get to my desired weight. If possible, I'd love to lose it by mid-June for a special event, but if not, I still want to lose it.

I'd love to connect for encouragement/ support, as well as cost-effective tips re: food choices, and also exercises, etc.

Thanks!

I'm 24. And I have 60 lbs to lose. I use a fitbit to track my exercise and sync it with MFP. To track my food. I am starting juicing as soon as mine comes in for breakfast and am trying to get up to a 5k soon
  • 2Kelli5
    2Kelli5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I was 24 I had lost 86lbs, I was extremely lucky to have a male best friend who was a personal trainer and he took the time to teach me what meal plans to have, how and why they work, workouts from very beginner to advanced. I currently work at a gym and am very close with several trainers, general manager of PT who knows down to the science of anything you need to know. You can add me and I would be more than happy to share workouts and meal plans that really work as well as get professional advice for you. Main key honestly though is eat right and hit your max in every sets that you do, you will lose weight quickly and in a healthy way. If you don't soon as you slip up that weight will come right back quicker than you can believe. Wish you all the best!
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 25 as well and looking to lose about the same.
  • Bascone20
    Bascone20 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me ! (: 21 year old looking to lose a good 60 pounds .
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Here are some tips:

Weight gain/loss is determined by one thing: calories in vs calories out. Simply go on google, type in "TDEE Calculator", and enter you age, height, sex, weight, and activity level.

Using that number, eat -500 calories of that daily to lose 1lb per week. No ifs or buts. That means you might have to buy a digital weight scale and have a myfitnesspal account, and start measuring every single thing you put in your mouth.

Remember, overweight people tend to underestimate how much they are eating (and inversely, underweight people overestimate how much they eat).

Additional tips:
    Drink lots of water so you are not always hungry
    Drink a glass of water before a meal, it will help fill you up before you eat
    Replace sodas with diet sodas - 0 calories so that helps keep it low
    Eat lots of single ingredient foods - fish, chicken, fruits, etc. Obviously dressed to how you like it, but beware - sauces with olive oil or ranch is high in calories.

Beware: Fruit juices (filled with sugar and calories), too many nuts, spreadables (i.e. peanut butter), shakes (400 calories?? That's 2/3s of my meal!), starbucks fraps, and frozen microwavable meals.

And remember, it is a marathon, not a sprint. The longer it takes for you to get to your goal, the more permanent it is.