New mom, new way of life

Options
L0Lnikki
L0Lnikki Posts: 41 Member
Hello everyone!

My name is Nicole & just started my journey into healthy eating/weight loss.

Honestly when I see, hear, or say the words "diet , weight loss, or I'm on a diet" I feel upset. This is my 4th attempt in the last 2 years. I think that when I see or hear those words that I'm starving myself or going to unhappy with what I eat now. NO! I've realized that's not it! It's portion control, self control, & healthy eating I need to work on.

My 1st baby will be 10 weeks old tomorrow. Starting weight was 200, right before I gave birth I was 224.8. When I went in for my 6 week check up I was 203. Wasn't eating any different, but I know motherhood can sometimes be magical & mysterious. Only breastfeed the first month of her life (she didn't like it, always a fight)

So between taking care of my new baby, cooking, cleaning, & showering I have time for a walk with her in the afternoon. Which consists of walking up & down stairs hauling a car seat for the stroller lol

Anyways, hello! & hello to any new mom's who think they'll never have time to get a little exercise in. Don't worry when they get bigger, motherhood gets a LITTLE easier :P

Replies

• L0Lnikki
    Options
    FYI MY NAME WAS AN ACCIDENT A LONG TIME AGO & NAME OF MY PRIZED RAT
  • Aellio290
    Aellio290 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Welcome!! You can change your username!! Ha

Congrats on the new baby!
  • AmandaJ26
    AmandaJ26 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby a month ago! I'm getting back into this. Add me! :)
  • gymfreak2
    gymfreak2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it ;) if you need any help just tell me
  • L0Lnikki
    Options
    Aellio290 wrote: »

Thank goodness! I'll shift around & look for it
  • L0Lnikki
    Options
    AmandaJ26 wrote: »
    I just had a baby a month ago! I'm getting back into this. Add me! :)

Yay for babies!
  • L0Lnikki
    Options
    gymfreak2 wrote: »
    You can do it ;) if you need any help just tell me

Thank you! How long have you been a gym freak? Lol looks like super hard work
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Welcome & good luck to you! My children are ages way older but I finally realized a few months ago that I have to take time for ME and just exercise and eat better. I finally got myself in a good place and want to continue it as well.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby! I have 3, they're nearly 7, 5 and 2 now. So I've had to do the post baby weight loss thing 3 times lol. I'm still not as thin after no.3 as I got after no.2. Not sure how as some days I don't think I sit down ever!
  • kyleliermann
    kyleliermann Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    hey My son is 3 months old I get off work and pick him up so im always busy and yea used to struggle with energy luckily I got over that but feel free to add me
  • L0Lnikki
    Options
    Aellio290 wrote: »

Hey I just tried to, but it wouldn't let me. It's the area right above changing profile pic right?
  • L0Lnikki
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    Welcome & good luck to you! My children are ages way older but I finally realized a few months ago that I have to take time for ME and just exercise and eat better. I finally got myself in a good place and want to continue it as well.

How did you get to that good place? Did it take long?
  • RachaelRenk
    RachaelRenk Posts: 116 Member
    Options

A fellow rat parent?!!? Yes!!!
  • L0Lnikki
    Options
    Congrats on the baby! I have 3, they're nearly 7, 5 and 2 now. So I've had to do the post baby weight loss thing 3 times lol. I'm still not as thin after no.3 as I got after no.2. Not sure how as some days I don't think I sit down ever!

Thanks! I was my mom's 3rd child & she swears I was the one that made her gain weight. I think after #3 the body just says "whatever lady" lmao. Have you've found a good workout for yourself?
  • L0Lnikki
    Options

A fellow rat parent?!!? Yes!!!

Unfortunately Fattybabyprincess died 2 years ago :( Very polite & cuddly rat. A great model too. She had 2 tumors in her old age that were removed but sadly she died a few months after. She lived a very long happy life! Hope your rats will live life to the fullest too!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

Thanks! I was my mom's 3rd child & she swears I was the one that made her gain weight. I think after #3 the body just says "whatever lady" lmao. Have you've found a good workout for yourself?

I workout loads! I was back in the gym when each of mine were 6 weeks old! I aim for 4/5 times a week and more in school holidays (I'm a teacher). I do spinning, circuits, PT sessions, HIIT classes and gym sessions. Oh and I run sometimes.

I gained weight in pregnancy, and I've lost most of it, but I lost faster after my second. I am 38 now though.