I feel smaller but my scale stays the same! Hate that!

Options
Why can't my body and the scale align!

Replies

• dottypink
    dottypink Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Snap, my gym measurements (hips, thighs and waist) were overall 2inches smaller since mid jan but my scales havent changed at all!!
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Water weight, losing weight but gaining muscle, tom, something medical etc
  • drcrusher
    drcrusher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me too! But I care more about the inches I think.. :)
  • danielwilliams233
    danielwilliams233 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    building lean muscle=same weight... I went through the same thing...In three to four weeks watch the weight drop like a rock!!! Im finally loosing about 2 to 5 lbs a week
  • uncajay
    uncajay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Give your body time, It could mean your body is adjusting to a new diet. You could be losing internal body fat also.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    building lean muscle=same weight... I went through the same thing...In three to four weeks watch the weight drop like a rock!!! Im finally loosing about 2 to 5 lbs a week

^ This. I'm currently 206 and working to drop to about 190. The last time I weighed this much I most certainly did not have a flat stomach. I was decidedly tubby!
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    As your fat cells shrink, and you add lean muscle. Your weight will change very little. Mine just started dropping again. Weight is just one tool.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I lost inches but not one pound for the first six weeks after I started to eat better. Congratulations on your success at becoming more healthy.