PB2

Options
aurmston
aurmston Posts: 31 Member
I realize calories and fat grams are lower in PB2, but what would I be missing from the real deal? Looks like 2 grams of protein per serving. Any other benefits to real peanut butter? I haven't given in to PB2 yet and am wondering if I really need to do so. I cut liquid calories almost completely, so it's not really a calorie issue for me.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Good fat in peanut butter! I just use PB2 when I can't fit real nut butter in my calories that day.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I like choco pb2:)
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I like it in PB and banana smoothies, blends better and less calories. Also use it cooking peanut sauces. Still use real PB for sandwich though
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    No. It does not compare to the real thing.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It's for taste for less calories; that's it. But, I blend it in my protein shake, and it makes a big difference in the taste.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Eat almonds instead. Get your cholesterol checked. You'll see. Almonds are much better for your HDL. Get your free yearly checkup. *Self tested.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It's a little pricier..... Idk what else your missing. Besides some of the taste from the fat/oils in real peanut butter. But your missing lots of sat fats mainly
  • aurmston
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I know there can be no taste/texture substitute for peanut butter. (That's why I can never give it up completely!) I like the smoothie idea and for fitting in the taste when you can't fit in the calories.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I only mix it in yogurt or oatmeal. Gives the taste but not the calories.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I, too, mix it with yogurt or oatmeal. I make peanut sauce for stir-fry. I tried it once mixed with water as a substitute for real peanut butter, on a slice of apple. meh. It's more like peanut "paste" than peanut "butter".

I don't usually have milk, but next time I have some in the house (like when guests come over and I buy it for their coffee), I'm going to try making PB2 milk with the leftovers. Has anyone tried that?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    64crayons wrote: »
    I, too, mix it with yogurt or oatmeal. I make peanut sauce for stir-fry. I tried it once mixed with water as a substitute for real peanut butter, on a slice of apple. meh. It's more like peanut "paste" than peanut "butter".

I don't usually have milk, but next time I have some in the house (like when guests come over and I buy it for their coffee), I'm going to try making PB2 milk with the leftovers. Has anyone tried that?

Hhhmmm interesting. Do you mean pour PB2 into a carton of milk, So you have a peanut buttery milk drink? I'd be interested to hear if anyone has done this.

• OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Hhhmmm interesting. Do you mean pour PB2 into a carton of milk, So you have a peanut buttery milk drink? I'd be interested to hear if anyone has done this.

Well, I was thinking about mixing a tablespoon or two into a glass of milk, to see what it'd be like.
  • aurmston
    Options
    I make peanut sauce for stir-fry.

Great idea! I don't think I could just eat it outright, though, like you mentioned on apple slices. Looks like as a flavoring it would be just fine.

• chewyxrage
    chewyxrage Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    PB2 is just OK.

I prefer Jif Whips - the salted caramel is awesome. It has less than regular PB (140 cals vs. 180 or 190). Its fluffy and spreads great on bread.

http://www.jif.com/products/whipped-peanut-butter
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I began eating PB fit when I started losing weight last year and I did not mind it. Recently I tasted peanut butter from the jar and I found that I did not like the taste over pb fit. Not to be redundant, if I can have 4 tablespoons of PBfit over 1 TB of peanut butter I will take pb fit. And I also have either coconut oil or EVOO with my popcorn every night