how do I eat my exercise calories??

Options
I'm hoping someone can suggest something - I have 700 remaining calories but I've finished dinner. I only have 5g of fat remaining - otherwise I'd try to make up the calories with peanut butter, nuts, etc. Suggestions??
Is it really a problem if I don't eat all of them?

Replies

• Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Dont worry about it unless youre hungry
  • countrymom1
    countrymom1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is a problem if you don't eat all of them -- or if you even go over your fat grams a little bit, as long as you're getting at 1200 net for the day.
  • kgleason121
    Options
    ignore the exercise calories and watch the weight fall off.
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I don't think that it's a problem if you come up a little less as long as you are meeting 1200 for the day. I read somewhere that you can send yourself into survival mode by eating less than 1200. Keep up the good work! I'm hoping it'll rub off on me.
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    I never eat my exercise calories so I say don't worry about them.
  • Shanzstar
    Shanzstar Posts: 197
    Options
    i just eat some of mine back but only because i'm hungry. I'll have a cup of sliced strawberries and a half cup of frozen yogurt fat free any flavor but I try to keep it at 90 cals. I also make a low fat protein shake some days.
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    If I had a large amount of calories left over, I'd go ahead and eat something not that healthy.
    Like today I went to the gym, my net calories were minus, so I made myself a large hot chocolate with full fat milk.
    It was delicious. I regret nothing.

Course that might not be the best way if you have loads of calories to play with EVERY day. More as an occasional thing.
  • jody0912
    jody0912 Posts: 33
    Options
    thanks everyone! I was a little hungry so I made a skim milk smoothie. still 500 calories left, but I'm done. thanks for the advice!
  • jenniferd9
    Options
    In order to get rid of the problem of excess of calorie,you should follow your regular diet avoid eating extra oily and spicy food.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't make you fat. It's ok.

I know it's late, but you gotta eat 'em girlfriend. Take the PB with some Greek yogurt, maybe even have a dessert -- 1 will not kill you.

Here's a nice explanation of why you need to eat those cals:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/196502-for-the-people-who-work-out-like-crazy-and-are-not-losing?hl=for+people+who+work+out+like+crazy

On a day when you know you are going to have so many extra calories to eat, I suggest a 500-cal breakfast, plus maybe half a Clif bar 30 min before and 10 min after the work out.

Check yourself at lunch and add in good cals if you're low.

blessings.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    ignore the exercise calories and watch the weight fall off.

This misconception is very common among overweight people and yo-yoers.

If you look at the people who have always been fit, or have successfully maintained after a major loss for over 5 years, you will find that they EAT exercise calories.

Here is a nice explanation: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/196502-for-the-people-who-work-out-like-crazy-and-are-not-losing?hl=for+people+who+work+out+like+crazy

blessings.