bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
I find that lately I have become very selfish (so not me) :blushing:
I weigh out my food plan all meals and snacks take everything to
work with me.
well I work with my Hubby and he has taken a liking to the foods I fix
Today I had turkey meatloaf with corn on the cob and potatos for lunch
he comes in the office says that smells good cuts himself half puts in on bread
grabs a hand full of my cherries and walks to the back :mad:

LMAO...... I was so pissed anyone else get over possesive of there food?

Replies

• vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I do!!! I yelled at one of my old co-workers because he would just walk up to me and take chips and stuff from me lol I finally said something to him and it stopped like instantly! I dont know where his hands have been!!! and its freakin rude!!!
  • AlyssaAmes3
    AlyssaAmes3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I totally do. Especially since I use to overeat so badly that i cherish the food I get now. Especially in the begining i wouldnt want to give my 2 year old son a bite of my sandwich LOL! I've eased up since then but I still like to keep my food for me. :)
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I don't even like it when people have a single bite of something, so I NEVER EVER offer to let anybody share with me. Those are MY calories, darnit!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Not food, but I am a bit selfish if anyone interferes with my gym/workout time. That's time I have set aside for myself and I don't appreciate people stamping all over it.
  • Chrissy2627
    Options
    I get possessive of my food if I have measured it all out! Its very confusing to try to figure out caloric intake if someone starts taking my food.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I don't even like it when people have a single bite of something, so I NEVER EVER offer to let anybody share with me. Those are MY calories, darnit!

EXACTLY :laugh:
  • allystone
    allystone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I do! I do! Especially since I'm single, and live at home and have a seventeen year old pig for a brother-who will stand next to me while I'm eating and grab a handful of whatever it is, agh!
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308
    Options
    I have had that issue too, even hiding my cereal which is my personal treat because I don't eat chocolate anymore. I have come to just have one thing that is "just mine", and learning that part of my food issue is that I want to keep it all for me. So, by starting to share more, I am starting to see that emotional charge that food has over me to lessen. Don't know if that makes sense or not. I read a book about "eating half" of what you usually do, and one of the suggestions on how to do that is to give half away to someone else (which is VERY hard for me especially when I REALLY like it). But as I try to eat just half, and give some away, food doesn't have the same "power" or "control" over me because I am controlling how much I have and I am controlling that urge to eat it all and teaching myself to share. This is something that has taken a long time for me to do, but it is helping. Good luck.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I would have slapped his hand, told him to get his own, and provided the warning the next time he tried it he'd be pulling back a nub for a hand.

I've noticed that I'm starting to lose my patience easier and i used to have tons of it, probably because of all the stress I'm under.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Not food, but I am a bit selfish if anyone interferes with my gym/workout time. That's time I have set aside for myself and I don't appreciate people stamping all over it.

^^^^^ This!! This is me.^^^^^ Workout time is mine and my husband and kids know to not get in my way.
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Don't. Touch. My. Food! I have a hard enough time figuring calories without having to re-figure the amount.
  • citylights117
    Options
    Yes! I get super possessive when I log the whole thing and then someone wants a little.. It's like, I have logged these calories, therefore they are mine, I claim them as mine, and they will be only mine. Lol.
    :bigsmile:
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    Me too! I have a treat box and god help anyone who helps themselves. People think because we make something last that we either don't like it or we have no concept of how much was left. We know, I had 11 biscuits in that pack not 9 and I'm not going nuts! Luckily my family are fussy so most of the meals I have don't interest them until I make my own burgers or SF chicken
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    this is my biggest pet peeve with my dh. he's always all up in 'my' food, calls himself 'helping' me eat it. um...i quite obviously know how to eat it, thanks anyway.