Miracle Noodles...

Options
I've seen a few posts and recipes using Miracle Noodles, but I was just wanted some opinions. Have you tried them? Are they good? Opinions?

They're a bit expensive ($40 with their s/h) on their website. If anyone has found them somewhere else for cheaper, let me know! Thanks!

Replies

• SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have seen tofu noodles at my local grocery store and they are about $2/package and super low cal.
  • LowCarbAmanda
    Options
    They're only good if you rinse them, pat them dry with paper towel, and then pan fry them in a hot dry pan until the water's gone. Then the consistency is better, and they hold whatever sauce you are using better.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Tofu shirataki noodles are pretty much the same thing and should be available in the store or online but much cheaper
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have tried miracle Nooodles and love them! I did order it directly from the site. I think I got 24 8 oz bags for $48. We first only ordered 2 bags to see if we would like them.....they smell a little fishy right out of the bag. Put them in a colander and run them under water. Then dry them off and put them in a dry skillet. Let them cook like that and let the excess water run out. The mix it with whatever sauce you want......I really liked them after I got passed the fishy smell!! But it goes away after you cook it in the skillet.
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love them! I eat them every day
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I found them at an Asian supermarket, they were in their own cooler at the end of an aisle (closer to the meats). They are okay in some recipes, can be very chewy. I find them best if you DON'T boil them at all and just rinse in very hot water for several minutes, then cut into smaller pieces. Also, VERY filling. Eat them slowly, because I've found that when I eat them, I feel way too stuffed twenty minutes later, even after just half a package. Start with just a little bit, I bought lots and now have a fridge full... I can only eat them every so often because I don't like the smell and then can't stomach much. Anyway good luck! If you like them, they're a great substitute :smile:
  • RangerSteve
    RangerSteve Posts: 437
    Options
    Amazon.com

^^^^^^^

Subscribe and save to make them even cheaper. They will ship every month to your doorstep. This is, by far, the best price I've found for them.

MAKE SURE TO RINSE THEM WELL. A lot of the people who leave negative reviews seem to skip this process.
  • usafbeach
    usafbeach Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Amazon.com

I just saw these today and I've never tried them, but as RangerSteve said, they can be found on Amazon fairly cheap. Search for Shirataki Noodles.
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    Thanks! I ended up buying a 6-pack from Amazon for like $15 just to try! Hopefully I'll like them, then I'll subscribe!
  • ljgraham64
    Options
    I have had them before.They stink and have to rinse them well.There ok,but not worth the money,but they do come in handy when you need something to eat and have no calories left.