Need help

Options
Need help with eating more. I know most people are trying to lose weight. But I just need help with staying motivated to eat food. If you can help me let me kno

Replies

• NjJas
    NjJas Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sigh
  • NjJas
    NjJas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :#:/
  • MrWufpack
    MrWufpack Posts: 17 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I never knew what this felt like, but lately I've upped my activity so much and only eat healthy/non-packaged foods, that it's usually hard to eat enough to l even hit 2 lbs/week. I'm also on medication that kills my appetite. Today I tried doing a refeed, and couldn't manage despite eating out twice and having way more fat than a refeed should have (fat being a lot more calorie-dense then carbs, which is what you usually eat on a refeed). Back in the day, I used to have no trouble packing away a half gallon of ice cream, so this is very odd for me.

My advice is to eat early (as soon after you wake as possible) and often (every 2-3 hours). Both of those are hard for me. For someone like you, who is (sounds like) naturally skinny, you may have to resort to eating unhealthy foods. However, if you can, try to stick to refined carbs, such as white pasta, white rice, etc and avoid high dat, and especially, high sugar. Basically things you can shovel down before you get too full. I'd try that before resorting to high fat things. I'd take fatty things before sugary though, as that will wreck your insulin sensitivity, as research increasingly shows that sugar is the real hazard that fat was sold as being for a long time.