Starting all over again

Options
I did my fitness pal a few years ago and was pretty successful. since then I put on a fair amount of the weight I lost so I decided to do it all again I'm encountering problems though. Originally I set my goal to a 1.5 pound a week weight loss which was what I was doing before. I started tracking a week ago and I can't seem to eat enough calories in a day. I work in a kitchen I'm on my feet most of the day it's fast paced and I walk on average 2.5-3 miles a day jut at work. I am not a breakfast eater and pretty much drink my morning calories in my coffee every morning at around noon I will have a yogurt then I will make a salad with some tuna or lean chicken I don't usually do dressings on my salads because of the sodium content in the packaged stuff I have a work. I purposely leave around 300 calories uneaten a day because I do taste things throughout the day or if I do get hungry will munch on some carrots or fruit and I don't always remember to log it. 3x's a day I walk an additional 2-3 miles for excersize purposes Problem is I'm coming way under my goal the MFP designated for me. I adjusted my weight loss to 2 pound per week and still can't seem to make my 1500 calorie goal. Thing is Im not hungry and I can't bring myself to eat when I'm not hungry eating when not hungry is what put this 70 pounds I'm trying to lose on. I completly understand that I need to eat I'm eating lots of fiber and protein and I've been snacking on almonds and other healthy fats. I'm afraid I won't be successful because I'm not taking in enough calories. I've never encountered this problem before usually I'm starving if I suddenly decide to diet. I''m. Eating on average 1250 calories a day but am burning twice that based on my fit bit info. I can't eat back my excersize calories I'm just not hungry,

Has anyone else encountered this problem, and if so how did you overcome it.

Replies

• dariusz72
    dariusz72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I noticed for myself I am losing weight by eating 6 times a day. I make myself eat when I am not hungry, it's a mind game. I don't always eat big meals more of yogurt, carrots, egg whites, lots of water too.
  • dariusz72
    dariusz72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try protein shakes to make up for lost calories. BSN has great tasting flavors. My personal favorite is their chocolate peanut butter. 1 scoop equals 200 calories.
  • ceebabytheking
    ceebabytheking Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    try eating eggs w/yoke, more than half the fat is good fats. brown rice has carbs that you will burn up with all your walking and it isn't really that filling so you can probably eat quite a bit. and like dar said the protein shakes will help a lot. good luck