Toning up and gaining muscle

Options
Hi all! :)
Looking for any tips on toning/leaning up, gaining muscle and any at home core workouts for a flatter stomach and more defined arms.
In the process of ordering some Dfine8 as a preworkout drink but any other suggestions would be great!

Replies

• marinaplan551
    marinaplan551 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! Im looking for exactly the same!!! I always use "balletbeautiful" workouts, and I try doing some cardio too...
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The pre workout is largely unnecessary, particularly in the beginning. Dial in your calorie, macros and basic micros making sure you're getting sufficient carbs to get you through your workouts. As for training you can choose among weights, body weight and others like TRX (fancy body weight), etc. Find something you enjoy doing so you'll stick with it and find a program that works for you.

I like recommending weight training such as a 5x5 program or Strong Curves, but that's me. Kettle bells, TRX, convict conditioning, etc. will get you there.

ETA: don't forget the cardio!
  • melbentley87
    melbentley87 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cheers guys! Will look into those things and workouts. Although I thought about not worrying about a preworkout I have used Dfine8 twice before when getting back in shape for summer and was very happy with results and did think it helped as apposed to times I didnt use it so might aswell :) Yeah good ol cardio,I much prefer strength training but definately cant skip the cardio.
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yup need to get a solid program and stick to it
  • ceebabytheking
    ceebabytheking Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    wake up in the morning and before you eat, walk for an hour. it will burn fat faster on an empty stomach. grab a stationary ball for abdominal. dumbbell's for gains, or home gym if you have one. get a lot of protein and keep the carbs low.
  • melbentley87
    melbentley87 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    wake up in the morning and before you eat, walk for an hour. it will burn fat faster on an empty stomach. grab a stationary ball for abdominal. dumbbell's for gains, or home gym if you have one. get a lot of protein and keep the carbs low.

This has been debunked. Excuse the link to bodybuilding.com, but the article itself is from Brad Schoenfeld and you can go to the research cited.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-myth-of-cardio-before-breakfast-debunked.html